Man City V Newcastle Pre Match Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning to take my son to the NUFC game on the 19th Nov. When we attended matches last season the city players always seemed to meet up at the malmaison hotel opposite picadilly station on match day mornings and we were able to get photographs etc. Do they still do that this season or do they meet somewhere else? Any help on this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

jayrea said:
I am planning to take my son to the NUFC game on the 19th Nov. When we attended matches last season the city players always seemed to meet up at the malmaison hotel opposite picadilly station on match day mornings and we were able to get photographs etc. Do they still do that this season or do they meet somewhere else? Any help on this issue will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Apparently they stay at the Hilton now before home games:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=237949&hilit=malmaison" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=237949&hilit=malmaison</a>

Being a City Fan is pretty much like being Toon fan but opposite ends of the scales when it comes to finances.........

Neither sets of supporters have any influence whatsoever over the club strategyand policies.

Both are merely just spectators.

The People who run City are not shrewd they crave football $ucce$$ and honours at any co$t

Toon fans we can only observe what happens at our club, we have a rich owner (Well not compared to City but he is still minted) but an owner that is shrewd and financially concious. I think the difference between our owners are vast obviously but mainly when in comes to Money, Mike Ashley is a self made Billionaire, not many out there, your City Sheik - how hard has he worked for his $$$$$$$$$ im thinking not very.

The big difference is that there is allot of expectation and pressure on City to deliver the goods on the pitch now both in the EPL and europe, the toon have no expectations and normal pressure.

On match day it is 11 vs 11 and if we have our best 11 available we will give you a match, our work rate will and hunger for the 2nd ball will certainly keep you on your toes, i think any mistakes by NUFC midfield/Defence and we will be punished, but i also think we have the ability to score.

Still banking on a draw here.

What a numpty this poster must be!

How can HH Sheikh Mansour not be shrewd?

Hello gents been on here before but was a while ago.

Really looking forward to this one and whilst I'm not confident of a result against you lot I am pleased to see we are heading into one of the toughest fixtures of the season in the form of our life!

Just wanted to get you guy's thoughts on the match?

Who are your main threats in your opinion? Who do you view our main threats to be?

Personally I'll be shitting my kecks if Silva and Yaya Toure start - goals a plenty in those two!!!!

May the best team win and good luck for the rest of the season chaps.

HWTL

Toon_Benito said:
Hello gents been on here before but was a while ago.

Really looking forward to this one and whilst I'm not confident of a result against you lot I am pleased to see we are heading into one of the toughest fixtures of the season in the form of our life!

Just wanted to get you guy's thoughts on the match?

Who are your main threats in your opinion? Who do you view our main threats to be?

Personally I'll be shitting my kecks if Silva and Yaya Toure start - goals a plenty in those two!!!!

May the best team win and good luck for the rest of the season chaps.

HWTL
Difficult to predict City's team as we have a Champions League game at Napoli just 3 days later. And a lot of players are on international duty so it's even more difficult to figure out who will start.

City should win, but in football you never take anything for granted.

Thanks for the good wishes. I think most of football is hoping you make it into the top 4 as that will mean Liverpool and probably Arsenal will miss out

Who do I see as Newcastle's main threats? Ba and Gutierrez. And Ryan Taylor free kicks

Who should you look out for? Other than the obvious, Kolarov. A great striker of the ball from set pieces and from open play. He is the most understated player at City this season but very effective

Quite like how Newcastle have been playing, fair play to then. They work very hard and have quality in the likes of Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Demba Ba atm is on fire.

Have to give Pardew credit he has them organised and has given confidence to the likes of Leon Best.

I like how their fans buzz when Sammy Ameobi comes on aswell.

2-1 City .... Hopefully.

Newcastle aren't going to give up any easy goals. Probably the best defense we've played this season, and they'll be coming looking for the draw. I'd be very happy with 2-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.