Man City V Viktoria Plzen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: City Vs Viktoria Plzen Pre Match Discussion Thread

Pellers wants to win the group so it will be a strong team but hope he gives sergio a rest.time for dzeko to lead the line and if jovetic is fit include him.Demi needs more game time to get up to speed along side lescott

One thing i hope he has learnt by now is although we have 2 players for each position they are not the same quality so he can't rotate too many for this game

Not that bothered about the team but would like to see Huws on the bench as hes the only youngster in the CL squad that can't play in the Youth CL.

Hopefully Jovetic and Rodwell will also be in the squad

I think we can rest a few and still have enough quality.its quite a bizarre feeling knowing we have qualified.would love to top the group but it's a big ask for bayern to drop points.on a side note lets pray for Thursday night footy for the rags

I'd go along more or less with the 'reserve' side suggested by previous posters. Based on our Newcastle cup performance (first ninety minutes), the risk is that we could easily lose with this side but I'd take that chance given the congested fixture list of big games coming up.

Swansea have a big game against Valencia on Thursday, so fresh legs on Sunday would be a big advantage.

Hart

Richards
Lescott
Demichelis
Kolarov

Milner
Yaya
Fernandinho
Navas

Dzeko
Aguero

May as well keep playing Navas whilst he's in form, because will probably lose his place to Silva when he comes back. Can't see Him resting Aguero, would have let him play 90 mins v spurs and get a hattrick otherwise.

Need to balance need to win the game/keeping chances of topping the group alive with keeping players fit and fresh for Swansea

----------------------Hart
-Micah--Boyata--Lescott--Clichy
--------------------Garcia
----Milner--Rodwell--Nasri--Kolarov
--------------------Dzeko

Have to be careful with the centre-backs if Nasty and Kompany are injured. Not sure if Nasty is injured. He went off at half-time, but that could have been a move to rest him.

d12b6fb4fc4f3d91d4c0b616eab7b99a.png

Similar team to that which finished on Sunday - but NO Garcia please. Think Pellers pulled Aguero early on Sunday to give him another start on Wednesday, if Jovetic is fit maybe he can come in.

I'm hoping Aguero plays as I'll be at the game.

I'd play boyata and Garcia at the back, can't risk lescott and demich when we're running so low on centre halves, apart from that its 3 homes in a row including the spurs game, no travelling, so no harm in playing a good few 1st 11 players and making sure we win and give ourselves something to play for in munich

I think we still need to try and win the game, got to take advantage of any slip ups by bayern and stay in contention for top spot.
-----------------------------Hart---------------------
Richards-Demichelis-Nastasic---Kolarov
------------------Rodwell-Fernandinho-----------
--Milner--------------Jovetic--------------Lopes
----------------------Dzeko-------------------------
That is good, plenty of rotation while still maintaining a strong lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.