Man City V Wigan pre match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lokkingat the no. of players who are travelling and playing tonight, I think Pellegrini may have to rest a lot of players with other games in mind.

Can the players really play Wembley, midweek internationals, FA Cup Q/F and then Premiership away in 2 weeks? Not without a dip in form

Maybe players like Jovetic can make the later games

Rotation is necessary with Barcelona and Hull coming up.
-------------------------------Pants------------------------------
Richards---Demichelis-----Nastasic------Kolarov
--------------------Fernandinho--Garcia--------------
-------Navas-----------Jovetic----------------Milner
--------------------------Aguero------------------------
Give Fernandinho and Yaya 45 each and hopefully Kun gets a few goals and increases fitness and then gets off by the 60 minute mark.

NoahCity said:
Give Fernandinho and Yaya 45 each and hopefully Kun gets a few goals and increases fitness and then gets off by the 60 minute mark.

Agree with all of that

NoahCity said:

Aren't two of your team injured? That looks quite a pedestrian defence to me so I don't like it (that's my humble opinion)

Some rotation is needed but a strong team is essential.

I would go with Pantilimon in goals, Richards and Clichy at full back plus DeMichelis and Lescott in central defence.

Garcia and Ferdinandinho to start in central midfield with Navas and Milner wide. In the probable absence of Jovetic, I would start Aguero and Negredo up front.

If City are winning say 3-0 at half time, Rodwell should replace Ferdinandinho while Dzeko could replace Aguero and Nasri could get a run out in place of Navas.

If City are toiling, Ya Ya Toure could come on along with Silva, Nasri or Zabaleta to replace anyone who is tiring, struggling or needing a rest.

This is a more important match that Barcelona in midweek as City have a very good chance of winning the FA Cup. Their chances in the Champions League are minimal. The real big one is Hull away.

JGL07 said:
This is a more important match that Barcelona in midweek as City have a very good chance of winning the FA Cup. Their chances in the Champions League are minimal. The real big one is Hull away.

My feeling too. I'd play an out n out reserve side in Barcelona

You might, quite a lot of City fans might, but we all know that that is not going to happen

I wouldn't play a reserve side in barcelona. It was one thing in the groups when we'd already progressed, I think we need to play most of the first xi and have some kind of shot at progressing, also to avoid running the risk of getting hammered and having a nasty mark on our record.

aguero93:20 said:
I wouldn't play a reserve side in barcelona. It was one thing in the groups when we'd already progressed, I think we need to play most of the first xi and have some kind of shot at progressing, also to avoid running the risk of getting hammered and having a nasty mark on our record.

There is no way we will play a weakened team in Barcelona. The game isn't over, it will still draw in a huge global audience and the club's hierarchy see it as a priority to do well in the Champions League. We will be full strength and if we score an early goal the whole game changes. It then becomes a realistic possibility we can go through. The players would be gutted to miss out on such a big occassion - the first game will have settled some nerves and the players will know that Barca are beatable.

supercity88 said:
aguero93:20 said:

There is no way we will play a weakened team in Barcelona. The game isn't over, it will still draw in a huge global audience and the club's hierarchy see it as a priority to do well in the Champions League. We will be full strength and if we score an early goal the whole game changes. It then becomes a realistic possibility we can go through. The players would be gutted to miss out on such a big occassion - the first game will have settled some nerves and the players will know that Barca are beatable.

An early goal and suddenly it all changes. I think we can definitely at least bring it down to extra time. They were good in possession but they were shite going forward. I think we can get at least a goal and then it's just down to us keeping it tight and finding something special, it may of been Sunderland but we turned that game on its head in 2 minutes... We can do the same here, strongest team possible please!

As for Wigan, they are doing well at the minute but I think we can be comfortable, just wish the game was on Saturday instead of Sunday so we got an extra days rest. Barceona will have their full team out on Saturday because they can't afford to drop points in the league or else they could risk being 4 points behind going into the Classico in Madrid later this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.