Status
Not open for further replies.
gmckennasell said:
Dizzie said:
Richards - Kompany - Lescott - Clichy

------------Rodwell - Garcia-----------------

-----------Milner - Yaya - Nasri---------------

----------------- Aguero-----------------------

Give Rodwell a chance and lets see Milner back getting some game time & Richards

didnt you got to the watford cup game ? we tried richards & rodwell and got battered for 45 minutes , we only salvaged the game when zabs and komps came on , we need to play the strongest team , win the game by half time then rest 3 players , and richards cant play because we dont have a pair of shorts to go round his enormous backside.

Sorry forgot to add Pants at the top,

And Yes i watched it but the reason we got panned is because firstly we played 2 up front ( Dzeko & Aguero) who never ever play well together as we saw again in the final at the weekend. And then we had Yaya and Rodwell (as CDMs) in the middle which will not work as both like going forward too much. Garcia would stay back allowing Rodwell to move into forward positions when needed which he is actually very, very good at. Yaya would be in an advanced position which i actually prefer him in and Milner would be helping Richards out with the defensive side in that respect. So I think this team is easily capable of beating Wigan.

This team is good enough to win ovre Wigan at home and none of those lads was playing in natinal team so they are rested. We need to give Kompany, Zabaleta a rest, In my opinion also Yaya and Fernandinho (On bench). Players that are fit to come on in second half is Silva, Navas, Aguero. Need to be enough, cant we trust those players in this game we doesnt need this big squad if we are going to play best team every game.

Pantilimon

Richards - Demicheles - Lescott - Clichy

Garcia - Rodwell

Milner - Nasri - Lopez

Negredo

asplund2 said:
This team is good enough to win ovre Wigan at home and none of those lads was playing in natinal team so they are rested. We need to give Kompany, Zabaleta a rest, In my opinion also Yaya and Fernandinho (On bench). Players that are fit to come on in second half is Silva, Navas, Aguero. Need to be enough, cant we trust those players in this game we doesnt need this big squad if we are going to play best team every game.

Pantilimon

Garcia - Rodwell

Milner - Nasri - Lopez

Negredo
Say goodbye to the FA Cup with that line-up.

Demichelis and Lescott are both far too slow to play a high line.

Lopes clearly isn't ready for English football yet.

Rodwell and Garcia is such a nothing partnership in the middle and evidence of why we tried to sign Fernando in January.

asplund2 said:

Pantilimon

Garcia - Rodwell

Milner - Nasri - Lopez

Negredo
Someone else who didn't go to the Watford game.

Len Rum said:
asplund2 said:

Pantilimon

Garcia - Rodwell

Milner - Nasri - Lopez

Negredo

I went to the Watford game and I'd choose that line up. Maybe start Navas in place of Lopes or Nasri.

I think the partnership of Yaya and Rodwell was the major problem in that first half.

asplund2 said:

Pantilimon

Garcia - Rodwell

Milner - Nasri - Lopez

Negredo

Good choice, Panti was playing 1 half I guess though (kept clean sheet), teoreticly this team should land 1:0 or 2:0, would be great if players showed their best against barcelona, like they did against chelsea, proved that they can learn, manager can learn and knock those dumbheads from CL, would be brilliant, if only they would believe in themselves. 2:0, than extra time, than 3:0 or penalties .... knocking barca on penalties in front of their fans - what can be better)

blinkblue said:
Len Rum said:
asplund2 said:

Pantilimon

Garcia - Rodwell

Milner - Nasri - Lopez

Negredo

I went to the Watford game and I'd choose that line up. Maybe start Navas in place of Lopes or Nasri.

I think the partnership of Yaya and Rodwell was the major problem in that first half.

That back line is simply asking for trouble. Richards, Demichelis, then Lescott? No, I really don't think so. The rest looks pretty good to me. I'd definitely play Milner, I'd probably play Lopez (he was plenty good enough for English football against West Ham, why not against Wigan?). And it's time to see whether Rodwell was just a flash in the pan last season or whether he has a job that he can do for us. If not, move him on. Yes, Garcia to stay further back allowing Rodwell to make runs forward. Beast needs to recover his confidence, and this is just the game where he can do it. If it isn't working, bring on Sergio for second half. It's still a good team, and rests a number of key players who need it. But Vinny nowhere to be seen to steady the ship at the back? Well, if you're already tired of being in the FA Cup...

Uwe talking now on Talksport. Saying FA Cup is important, but giving impression it's not their priority. He thinks he can cause us problems.....doesn't think We will underestimate Wigan and playing City at Etihad is a different proposition to playing them anywhere else.

Then went on about the bond he had and still has with City and the fans. Said he loved his time at City and always gave his all.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
blinkblue said:
Len Rum said:

That back line is simply asking for trouble. Richards, Demichelis, then Lescott? No, I really don't think so. The rest looks pretty good to me. I'd definitely play Milner, I'd probably play Lopez (he was plenty good enough for English football against West Ham, why not against Wigan?). And it's time to see whether Rodwell was just a flash in the pan last season or whether he has a job that he can do for us. If not, move him on. Yes, Garcia to stay further back allowing Rodwell to make runs forward. Beast needs to recover his confidence, and this is just the game where he can do it. If it isn't working, bring on Sergio for second half. It's still a good team, and rests a number of key players who need it. But Vinny nowhere to be seen to steady the ship at the back? Well, if you're already tired of being in the FA Cup...

Ofcourse I would like to get Kompany in the back, but is there one game he will rest for the rest of the season its this one, he been playing a lot and play 90 mins on wed with national team also. We will still be better then Wigan on every position and we need to be smart here when some big games coming up. Maybe we need to gamble a bit if we want to win the treble? We still got a bench with Aguero, Toure, Fernandinho, kompany, zabaleta, dzeko.

We need to trust our squad players, why else spend hundred of milloans on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.