Man City vs Real Madrid | Post Match Thread

Fuck me, a centre half pairing of Denayer and Humphries, and the full backs Kolarov and Sagna, against Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema. What were people expecting?. Saying that though, there's still glaring deficiencies in this squad for Pellegrini to sort out. No idea what our line up will be like for the first game of the season though.

The defence was a patched one but the main concern for me was the overall discipline off the ball.

We gave Madrid far too much space to play in which is not a change from last season.

The defence was a patched one but the main concern for me was the overall discipline off the ball.

We gave Madrid far too much space to play in which is not a change from last season.
We've barely strengthened though have we mate, so it is without the exception of Sterling the same squad that struggled last season. De Bruyne or Pogba or both ideally ,are a must for me.

We've barely strengthened though have we mate, so it is without the exception of Sterling the same squad that struggled last season. De Bruyne or Pogba or both ideally ,are a must for me.

I agree we need to strengthen, but some tactical discipline off the ball in priority going into next season and you don't have to be world class to put a press on.

Our work-rate, discipline and pressing intensity off the ball is very poor.

It's at the top of every page under 'Please read: copyright infringement'. Ric was forced to make it as clear as day despite the crack team of moderators who obviously miss nothing.
Ducking useless them moderators

Nowt to do with me, I'm on leave and hence my mod powers curtailed so that I get a proper break

center half pairing with a combined age of 36, with our 2nd right fullback and alex at left back against a really strong real madrid team.

apart from the mauling we understandedly got i thought Denayer was fantastic and Humphrey`s showed lots of promise for the future

We do not seem to close teams down and hurry them like certain teams do .Madrid seemed to have much more time and space. Also was Mangala on the bench or was he carrying a knock ?.

it's not the closing down its this high line pressure that the club wants us to play, when e haven't got the ball we don't drop back to defend they try and press that leave far to much space especially for top sides

That was a really strong Real line up against a City side which is best described as "patched up". We have no idea how near either side was to match fitness but Madrid seemed much sharper. We were without any of our South Americans (over a third of the team!) and without our captain, and we had two young (one very young) central defenders to cope with we all know who...The only player who was really trying to impress suffered a notoriously easy pre-season injury after 18 minutes, which is all too predictable in these games. I was impressed by Sterling and I hope I'm not infringing copyright by saying that the papers have jumped on the result, not surprisingly, to suggest he might be having regrets about the move! Says it all about the quality of the press coverage. In the end it was all about minutes in the legs and about valuable experience for some promising young players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.