Man City vs Real Madrid | Post Match Thread

Still some things we clearly need to work on especially defending from corners but can't really expect much considering the relative XIs out there today. I'd have no qualms starting Denayer v WBA. Looks class every time I see him. Shame about Delph - we always get at least 1 injury in every pre-season though. Let's hope we add some more depth before the season starts. Sterling impressive again.

hart, Sagna, Denayer, Humphreys, Kolarov, Toure, Fernando, Delph, Nasri, Silva, Sterling

Real Madrid
Navas,Marcelo, Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Kroos, Modric, Isco, Bale, Ronaldo Benzema

Give me *ucking hope. This "IS" Real Madrid's starting eleven. No, Demi, Zabs, Vinnie, Managala, Dinho, or Sergio.

Yet again Navas is a weak link. Goes down the the right fails to beat the full back, fails to get a cross is, we get a corner... Two minutes later Isco in exactly the same position, takes on full back whips a cross in HEY PRESTO 4-1!

Really do need to offload him and quick!
I love your selective memory

RM looked like they had been together for ages ( they had ), City looked like they had never played together before ( they hadn't ). Looks like RM are going for a counter-attacking policy under Raffa, will be interesting to see how their fans react.
We need more "football intelligence" on the pitch, we have at present two or three one-dimensional players, which at the highest level is not good enough. The game told us nothing we didn't already know, problem is we are running out of time to improve things. We still have thousands of miles to travel to finish off pre-season, looking a bit over-ambitious this tour. Time will tell.

RM looked like they had been together for ages ( they had ), City looked like they had never played together before ( they hadn't ). Looks like RM are going for a counter-attacking policy under Raffa, will be interesting to see how their fans react.
We need more "football intelligence" on the pitch, we have at present two or three one-dimensional players, which at the highest level is not good enough. The game told us nothing we didn't already know, problem is we are running out of time to improve things. We still have thousands of miles to travel to finish off pre-season, looking a bit over-ambitious this tour. Time will tell.

Not really, the Rags had a superb pre-season then had to rely on De Gea to save their season. We need to strengthen, but not because of this game.

We've barely strengthened though have we mate, so it is without the exception of Sterling the same squad that struggled last season. De Bruyne or Pogba or both ideally ,are a must for me.
Not to mention a year older with an old squad. And a manager who everyone knows is out in May. Reinforcements fast or this season looks ugly.

I've not seen the game yet but looking at a midfield of Fernando ,nasri ,silva ,toure and kolarov at left back, it was tough on the two young centre halves being left exposed by our old failings. Was Delph any good in the little time he had?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.