Man City vs Real Madrid | Post Match Thread

It makes me laugh reading the articles on Daily Mail etc...

'Any Regrets Raheem?' was the headline of one of them.

I'm sure Raheem is gutted he came to City after half our reserves got beaten by a full strength Real Madrid team! Absolute whoppers!

He must be sat there thinking "Is this what I came for? Playing against Madrid in front of 100,000 people when I could have been lining up against a Malaysian X1" Poor bastard must be distraught but I feel he'll probably get over it.

No need to get upset. just add the two CB's ages .... 36

I bet there haven't been many times that Jason Denayer has been the senior centre-back!

I didn't see the match, as I was at work, but Mrs Vienna said we were holding our own until Delph went off and Denayer and Humphries did well, considering who they were up against.

Getting beaten by Real Madrid is no disgrace.

However, pre-season friendly is no excuse for the poor level of performance put in by so many senior players. Playing in front of almost 100k people in a televised match you would think would be motivation enough for said players to focus and bring their A game.

So either they have a poor attitude or they are just not good enough. I think the latter.

The problem is it could take several seasons to overhaul the squad and bring in the necessary quality. This added to the complete lack of defensive organisation imprinted on the team leads me to believe we may well be waiting longer for the next trophy than we all hope.

Pelegríni didn't take it serious either because bottom line it's about looking a players and fitness

Getting beaten by Real Madrid is no disgrace.

However, pre-season friendly is no excuse for the poor level of performance put in by so many senior players. Playing in front of almost 100k people in a televised match you would think would be motivation enough for said players to focus and bring their A game.

So either they have a poor attitude or they are just not good enough. I think the latter.

The problem is it could take several seasons to overhaul the squad and bring in the necessary quality. This added to the complete lack of defensive organisation imprinted on the team leads me to believe we may well be waiting longer for the next trophy than we all hope.
Talk about overreaction.....FFS this place sometimes...

I didn't see the match, as I was at work, but Mrs Vienna said we were holding our own until Delph went off and Denayer and Humphries did well, considering who they were up against.
Pretty much that, great experience for them both to play against that standard, and they weren't helped much by the senior players around them. I was a bit surprised that Mangala didn't get a game, and considering who we didn't even have out there, this result is hardly a surprise.

Chelsea lost 4-2 yesterday to New York Red Bulls to put it in some sort of perspective.

I bet there haven't been many times that Jason Denayer has been the senior centre-back!

Well despite the commentators saying we were well second best at HT, the shots was 4-4 and the possession 52% to City, which was about way it went. We weren't very good in their area, whereas they put 3 away, but all via the two rookie CBs.

Still dont ruin a million good 'City thrashed' headlines

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.