man city

wayne71 said:
As most people I meet these days aren't from Manchester the conversation usually goes along the lines of asking where I'm from, then asking united or City and I always reply I'm from Manchester so I'm a blue.

They invariably look puzzled and say but united are from Manchester, then I educate them.

The mrs has heard it a thousand times and reckons I'm a boring **** :)
You've got a mrs?

Uncle Wally One Ball said:
wayne71 said:
As most people I meet these days aren't from Manchester the conversation usually goes along the lines of asking where I'm from, then asking united or City and I always reply I'm from Manchester so I'm a blue.

They invariably look puzzled and say but united are from Manchester, then I educate them.

The mrs has heard it a thousand times and reckons I'm a boring **** :)
You've got a mrs?

Yes would you like to buy her?

quick story

i rang toffs years ago,i was after a shirt for my dad,when he asked who i support i replied manchester city,the toffs guy said,whenever he asked who people support whenever its a city fan they always sound proud when they say manchester city and nearly all say manchester city..

i always use MANCHESTER CITY,fucking hate man city,its just not right.

also ive noticed we are being known more and more as city and united as manchester(in europe) similR to milan and inter

Mancity1980 said:
Does anyone remember when Keegan started and during his first press conference he said "man city"? Straight away a supporter corrected him that the term was "Manchester city" and he never said man city again.

Stole my thunder, but it took 10 pages to find!

I normally say City wherever I am, but, if pressed, tell them that we are the only football team to come from Manchester.

Whenever it's a Rag supporter, unless they are from the Manchester area, there is generally a puzzled look on their faces, as they don't know that their team play in Trafford. As a former diplomat (read Taxman!), I tell them that the clue is in the name of their ground.

For those MUppets who tell me "I'm a MU suppowtah", I ask them how many times they have been to the Isle of Man.

Finally, Man City in songs is so the line will scan!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
The only time I know 'man city' is used by City fans is the Mancini song! It's for southerners who think they know summat about us and clearly don't! We are beginning to be known world wide more and more by just 'City'. I always tell folk I'm a City fan and allow them to ask "Manchester City' which they invariably do! We are also getting away from the notion that you only need to say 'Manchester' when yer mean MANUre!

Oh MAN City The Only Football Team To Come From Manchester?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.