man city

I don't mind "Man City" when it has to be abbreviated in print, e.g. when the PL scores are squashed up in a little box on a match day on Sky, but when spoken - no,no,no.
What puzzles me is that when you look at lists of club nicknames, we are apparently the "Citizens". Never, in what seems 125 years of watching City, have I ever heard anyone shout "Come on you Citizens". Just like WBA were always the Throstles, but the Baggies to everyone except compilers of lists of nicknames. Reading FC were the Biscuitmen in my youth (Huntley & Palmers were based there).

Big Swifty said:
I don't mind "Man City" when it has to be abbreviated in print, e.g. when the PL scores are squashed up in a little box on a match day on Sky, but when spoken - no,no,no.
What puzzles me is that when you look at lists of club nicknames, we are apparently the "Citizens". Never, in what seems 125 years of watching City, have I ever heard anyone shout "Come on you Citizens". Just like WBA were always the Throstles, but the Baggies to everyone except compilers of lists of nicknames. Reading FC were the Biscuitmen in my youth (Huntley & Palmers were based there).

Ah, that's why Reading always crumble in the box.

That's crackers.<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:57 pm --<br /><br />Perhaps then it was a Reading player discovered with his male member inside a box of cheese biscuits. When they questioned his sanity, he replied, "Yes, I'm f*****g crackers".
(This is my rudest-ever post and I am sorry)

gordondaviesmoustache said:
charliebigspuds said:
its just plain old "City" for me
This.

I fucking hate the term Man City and it is routinely used by the likes of Robbie Fowler, Paul Merson and Danny Mills when referring to our club.

One positive to come out of the Mancini sacking is we don't have to sing about him coming to Man City anymore.

I don't know any blue that refers to us as Man City any more than once in a.....er..... Bluemoon.

Ohhh Man City
The only football to come from Manchester<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:00 pm --<br /><br />
JK91 said:
mancityvstoke said:
Never Mind The Pollocks said:
Birmingham?

Leicester?

Cardiff?

We are the only 'City' that have won the league. Thus we deserve to be the club that is commonly referred to as 'City' :)

Manc in London said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
charliebigspuds said:
its just plain old "City" for me
This.

I fucking hate the term Man City and it is routinely used by the likes of Robbie Fowler, Paul Merson and Danny Mills when referring to our club.

One positive to come out of the Mancini sacking is we don't have to sing about him coming to Man City anymore.

I don't know any blue that refers to us as Man City any more than once in a.....er..... Bluemoon.

Ohhh Man City
The only football TEAM to come from Manchester

-- Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:00 pm --

JK91 said:
mancityvstoke said:
Leicester?

Cardiff?

We are the only 'City' that have won the league. Thus we deserve to be the club that is commonly referred to as 'City' :)

Fixed ;)

I say 'man city' all the time . As in "im a man city fan" . Anyone that judges someone for that has issues lol .

I say man city as I have a stutter and it is the easiest way for me to refer to city, so, de Niro, I kindly ask you to fuck off. Please.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.