man city's greatest

Jack74 said:
buzzer1 said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgi_Kinkladze

By a distance

-- Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:21 pm --

cheddar404 said:
goater1978 said:
The myth of kinkladze being our greatest ever player continues!

He wouldn't get near our current first team. Great player at the time but not compared to what we have now.

Ha Ha brilliant

-- Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:21 pm --

buzzer1 said:
cheddar404 said:
He wouldn't get near our current first team. Great player at the time but not compared to what we have now.

He would walk into our first 11 now.

And be are best player by a country mile

Without trying to sound clever, I genuinely can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Silva is the best ever city player I've seen and that includes gio kinky. Kinky was good in an ordinary team, silva is a shining light in a class team. And he also plays for one of the best international teams ever. I've only been going since early 80s so never seen colin bell.

KippaxCitizen said:
Billy Meredith
Tommy Johnson
Eric Brook
Peter Doherty
Bert Trautmann
Colin Bell
Sergio "Kun" Agüero
Yaya Touré
David Silva
Vincent Kompany

Pretty much the names on this list although I'd add Frank Swift and possibly Denis Law first time round.
Impossible to compare players from different eras.

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
KippaxCitizen said:
Billy Meredith
Tommy Johnson
Eric Brook
Peter Doherty
Bert Trautmann
Colin Bell
Sergio "Kun" Agüero
Yaya Touré
David Silva
Vincent Kompany

Pretty much the names on this list although I'd add Frank Swift and possibly Denis Law first time round.
Impossible to compare players from different eras.

Agreed impossible to compare different players from different eras. People get nostalgic about players and big them up to be greater than they were.

All we can do is currently enjoy the great players we currently have playing for us

City's best ever player overall still Colin Bell (mix of strength\power\determination of Toure, skill of Silva and stamina of Fernandinho)

Silva playing well, but need to wait until his City career has completed (hopefully still a long time off) before judging him against Bell and others. Can Silva deliver now v Liverpool etc when we will need everyone.

Most skillful individual Geo Kinkladze

Silva is better than Bell. Next year I think on what I have seen, he will score a lot of goals next year as well.

City1974 said:
City's best ever player overall still Colin Bell (mix of strength\power\determination of Toure, skill of Silva and stamina of Fernandinho)

Silva playing well, but need to wait until his City career has completed (hopefully still a long time off) before judging him against Bell and others. Can Silva deliver now v Liverpool etc when we will need everyone.

Most skillful individual Geo Kinkladze

Kinky Was the best dribbler City have ever had but not as skillful as David Silva
Spanish Dave reads the game much better and his passing can be devastating He has won us many many more games than kinky ever did

posters on here need to take off their blue tinted specs when talking about Kinkladze he like DVB have become much much better in posters memories

goater1978 said:
buzzer1 said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgi_Kinkladze

The myth of kinkladze being our greatest ever player continues!

No myth to be had at all. Most individually gifted player ever to put on our shirt. Yes he was not always consistent, but his peak was better than anything I have seen in 40 years and the closest I have witnessed to the levels produced by Messi.

He was that good that even when he picked the ball up in his own half you fully expected a 50 yard dribble and shot on goal.

Perhaps a better title for this thread would have been which player has had the greatest influence in his time at the club?

To that question you really can take your pick of

Meredith, Woosnam, Doherty, Clarke, Paul, Ewing, Trautmann, Bell, Summerbee, Oakes, Doyle, Tueart, Corrigan, Goater, Tevez, Silva, Kompany or Yaya.

For me it is just swaying towards Yaya, mainly due to his goals that have enabled the winning of trophies. Utd Semi, Stoke Final, Newcastle League, Chelsea Shield and Sunderland Final.

Silva is the best City player I've ever seen. He makes things look so easy. His derby performance was sensational.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.