man city's greatest

buzzer1 said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
buzzer1 said:
Don't think Dammo is the one thats been at the cooking sherry my mate.

The Ali B prior to man city was head and shoulders above gio as a player mate, his performances at Monaco and at Bordeaux were above anything gio ever accomplished, he was immense in the champions league and the best player in France during a period which was glittered with stars!!

I have never seen a player like gio mate.

I'm not trying to shatter any hero worship mate, just a great deal of people attach onto the good during a very poor period, i loved watching him to, it brought a little light to the darkness and I would beg, borrow and steal so I could go home and away to see him, however, I also loved watching football, if it was on I'd watch it, Italian, French, Spanish, Dutch, anything, back then there were players that wouldn't even be recognised due to lack of exposure but I digress, for me Ali was the supreme player!!!

buzzer1 said:
buzzer1 said:

The Ali B prior to man city was head and shoulders above gio as a player mate, his performances at Monaco and at Bordeaux were above anything gio ever accomplished, he was immense in the champions league and the best player in France during a period which was glittered with stars!!

So not just the best city player, the best football player you have ever seen!

I'll have one of what you're drinking ;-)

Kinkladze was possibly the most talented footballer we've had at city. Amazing ball control and dribbling skills meant we saw some amazing cameos. The goal against southampton and west ham in the cup were fantastic moments of individual brilliance.

But being the talented does not mean the best and being an individual player doesn't make a good team player. He was not the best player we've seen and i don't think he'd be anywhere near our team now. I don't think he worked hard enough so it meant he was a liability when we didn't have the ball and didn't move into space enough when we did so coldn't play in a 4 man midfield. And he didn't score enough goals to allow him to be one of two strikers.

If Silva was to leve city how many big clubs would be in for him? Kinladze didn't make it at ajax and when he returned to england no big clubs were in for him. All those managers can't be wrong.

Benarbia on the other hand.....

goater1978 said:
buzzer1 said:

So not just the best city player, the best football player you have ever seen!

I'll have one of what you're drinking ;-)

Yeah because he was better than Maradona, Messi et al huh.

buzzer1 said:
buzzer1 said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nXzXsdZJ5AQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nXzXsdZJ5AQ</a>

buzzer1 said:
cheddar404 said:
goater1978 said:
The myth of kinkladze being our greatest ever player continues!

He wouldn't get near our current first team. Great player at the time but not compared to what we have now.

He would walk into our first 11 now.

not in million years Rose tinted specs over Kinky

A good player in a bad side so he stood out

Silva and Yaya Great players in a great side and they still stand out

Said it the other day and still stand by it. Silva is best player I have seen in a City shirt for 30years. The display against Hull was one of the finest. If we continue to play Silva in the role just behind the striker he will get only better.

buzzer1 said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgi_Kinkladze

By a distance

-- Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:21 pm --

cheddar404 said:
goater1978 said:
buzzer1 said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgi_Kinkladze

He wouldn't get near our current first team. Great player at the time but not compared to what we have now.

Ha Ha brilliant<br /><br />-- Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:21 pm --<br /><br />
buzzer1 said:
cheddar404 said:
goater1978 said:

He would walk into our first 11 now.

And be are best player by a country mile

KippaxCitizen said:
buzzer1 said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nXzXsdZJ5AQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nXzXsdZJ5AQ</a>

I think i covered that with my Maradona/Messi comment and you know i meant City player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.