man city's greatest

southstander93 said:
buzzer1 said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
So two managers didnt really fancy him then? His career speaks for itself

Ok

I get the impression you're a massive Kinkladze fan? Could just be me looking too much into it.

For me it's either Silva, Yaya, and I hate to say it but Tevez.

My old man tells me Bell is the greatest.

I watched Kinkladze in his pomp and those who say that, giving the inflation of talent, he wouldn't fit into our team are mad bastards.

Like for like in the era they presented within, Kinky was better than Silva. In fact Kinky was in the top five players in the country at a specific point and played for Manchester City when most of you wankers confused us with Manchester United. Nowadays he wouldn't get into the team for the same reason that Colin Bell wouldn't get into the team, but the legacy that he left here was almost insurmountable.

Maybe I'm biased towards people who talk about Kinkladze and have their birth year in the 90s next to their name?

southstander93 said:
buzzer1 said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
So two managers didnt really fancy him then? His career speaks for itself

Ok

I get the impression you're a massive Kinkladze fan? Could just be me looking too much into it.

Haha yes mate and yes you are correct with Carlos, possibly the greatest imho but plenty older blues and opposition fans say Colin was the greatest.<br /><br />-- Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:21 pm --<br /><br />
Damocles said:
southstander93 said:
buzzer1 said:

I watched Kinkladze in his pomp and those who say that, giving the inflation of talent, he wouldn't fit into our team are mad bastards.

Like for like in the era they presented within, Kinky was better than Silva. In fact Kinky was in the top five players in the country at a specific point and played for Manchester City when most of you wankers confused us with Manchester United. Nowadays he wouldn't get into the team for the same reason that Colin Bell wouldn't get into the team, but the legacy that he left here was almost insurmountable.

Maybe I'm biased towards people who talk about Kinkladze and have their birth year in the 90s next to their name?

Bang on Dammo.

Billy Meredith
Tommy Johnson
Eric Brook
Peter Doherty
Bert Trautmann
Colin Bell
Sergio "Kun" Agüero
Yaya Touré
David Silva
Vincent Kompany

Damocles said:
southstander93 said:
buzzer1 said:

Kinkladze was better than silva? I take it you've had a few shandys down the pub this afternoon...

I don't want to criticise Gio as he's one of my favourite players but he is nowhere near the level of player we have these days. Just look at his career 3 years at city (only one in the premier league), a failure at Ajax and he hardly set the world on fire at derby.

He was a ray of sunshine during some dark days but to say he was world class and better than silva is ridiculous. I would rate Ali b above kinkladze

Damocles said:
southstander93 said:
buzzer1 said:

Not sure if a few things in there were aimed as a dig at me or not but I'm just gonna skip past it. Kinkladze was just before my time, the first season I actually remember going to city was 98-99 so he had just left so I can't say Kinkadze solely for that reason. Same reason I couldn't say Bell, cause I'd be kidding myself if I pretended I knew if he was better than Silva and co. For all I know Kinky was better than Silva, but from what I've seen in my lifetime, Silva, Yaya, and Carlos are the greatest players I've seen wear a blue shirt, and I find it hard to imagine that they have come any better than that in the past, but obviously I don't know for sure, so I'll leave that for the older generation to debate over.

goater1978 said:
Damocles said:
southstander93 said:

Kinkladze was better than silva? I take it you've had a few shandys down the pub this afternoon...

I don't want to criticise Gio as he's one of my favourite players but he is nowhere near the level of player we have these days. Just look at his career 3 years at city (only one in the premier league), a failure at Ajax and he hardly set the world on fire at derby.

He was a ray of sunshine during some dark days but to say he was world class and better than silva is ridiculous. I would rate Ali b above kinkladze

Don't think Dammo is the one thats been at the cooking sherry my mate.

buzzer1 said:
goater1978 said:
Damocles said:

Ok.

buzzer1 said:
goater1978 said:
Damocles said:

The Ali B prior to man city was head and shoulders above gio as a player mate, his performances at Monaco and at Bordeaux were above anything gio ever accomplished, he was immense in the champions league and the best player in France during a period which was glittered with stars!!

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
buzzer1 said:
goater1978 said:

The Ali B prior to man city was head and shoulders above gio as a player mate, his performances at Monaco and at Bordeaux were above anything gio ever accomplished, he was immense in the champions league and the best player in France during a period which was glittered with stars!!

I have never seen a player like gio mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.