man city's greatest

There is only one player who was the best in the world in his position whilst he played for City: Frank Swift was the best keeper of his time and the greatest English keeper of all Time.

Impossible to answer, none of us can say how good Billy Meredith, Jimmy McMullan or Peter Doherty who would have to be contenders were.

Kinkladze is the greatest City player and one of the best of anyone I've seen in the flesh. He made opposing players look like silly and on his day he was impossible to play against. He'd walk into our side today.

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Kinkladze is the greatest City player and one of the best of anyone I've seen in the flesh. He made opposing players look like silly and on his day he was impossible to play against. He'd walk into our side today.
in place of who ?

ballinio said:
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
in place of who ?

Loved Gio but he wouldn't get near our team today. A shining individual in a poor, poor side and not a team player. Went to a 'good' side in Ajax and pretty much sank without trace. Idolised him at the time though.

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
buzzer1 said:
goater1978 said:
Kinkladze was better than silva? I take it you've had a few shandys down the pub this afternoon...

I don't want to criticise Gio as he's one of my favourite players but he is nowhere near the level of player we have these days. Just look at his career 3 years at city (only one in the premier league), a failure at Ajax and he hardly set the world on fire at derby.

He was a ray of sunshine during some dark days but to say he was world class and better than silva is ridiculous. I would rate Ali b above kinkladze

Don't think Dammo is the one thats been at the cooking sherry my mate.

The Ali B prior to man city was head and shoulders above gio as a player mate, his performances at Monaco and at Bordeaux were above anything gio ever accomplished, he was immense in the champions league and the best player in France during a period which was glittered with stars!!

Well he won French player of the year in 99 a year when Mr T Henry won the young player award.

KippaxCitizen said:
Quicksilva21 said:
Yaya gets a few mentions here but if he has say, two more 20 goal seasons from midfield does he reach the top of the ladder? As someone else wrote he's had a hand in us winning all the trophies weve won in the last 4 years with crucial goals.

He can do it all, and with the way Pellegrini has incorporated him into the attacking side of things there's more to come.

Have to add the asterisk that I never saw Bell play, or Kinky other than youtube clips.
There are three better players in our team than him now in my opinion (Kompany Silva and Kun) and that's not to mention all the other greats from our history. Don't forget Eric Brook scored 179 goals for us.

Not a bad position to be in!!!

David Silva - how does he always find space? he'd find space even if he shared a single bed with Ann Widdecombe and Hattie Jacques.

And I like the mention of Swifty - but I would say that, wouldn't I?

m7mcfc said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
buzzer1 said:
Don't think Dammo is the one thats been at the cooking sherry my mate.

The Ali B prior to man city was head and shoulders above gio as a player mate, his performances at Monaco and at Bordeaux were above anything gio ever accomplished, he was immense in the champions league and the best player in France during a period which was glittered with stars!!

Well he won French player of the year in 99 a year when Mr T Henry won the young player award.

He only won in once though. Kinkladze was named Georgian player of the year twice in his career. That's not an easy award to win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.