Man of the Match Burnley PL (H)

Man of the Match

• Total voters
It wasn’t though Ric was it? It was a dig about Mahrez.
I'm kind of with you here. I think it was meant in a nice ironic way, but only a few people are going to get that, in the same way the pre match poll took the piss a bit but again only a few would have got that either. The fact you interpreted it the way you did means it's likely other people will too. And many of those might have been the posters who slagged him off on the regular.

Ultimately it only fans the flames of the horrible idea that he's something of a joke player for us and almost worthy of the vitriol he gets.

Online irony is always risky business.

It would be great if Stones could beat his demons off the pitch and recover the form on the pitch he produced for City and England in 2017/18. What a story that would be in a crazy season. The great thing about football is it throws up these sort of stories. Pep seems to have faith in him and that says a lot really.
It was great to watch that match today and see Mahrez, Mendy, and Stones performing like that. I know it was only Burnley but it does show we have some character in our squad. That's got to be good for the future.
Stones fit and in form gives the manager another option of resting others. As I put in the post match. No Sterling, Aguero, Ake, Laporte, Bernardo all didn't come. Rodri and Dias off early. Good day

Riyad for his overall impact, active and involved in numerous actions upfront. The team needed a break desperately, his early goals offered his teammates a comfortable afternoon. Keep it up...

I'm kind of with you here. I think it was meant in a nice ironic way, but only a few people are going to get that, in the same way the pre match poll took the piss a bit but again only a few would have got that either. The fact you interpreted it the way you did means it's likely other people will too. And many of those might have been the posters who slagged him off on the regular.

Ultimately it only fans the flames of the horrible idea that he's something of a joke player for us and almost worthy of the vitriol he gets.

Online irony is always risky business.
Fair enough, I'll edit it then to prevent any further misunderstanding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.