Man U Ref watch - how many points will they gain?

United got 11 penalties last season 3 against.... City got 8 and 3 against... not much difference...3 penalties only. United had 1 red card...City had 2 again not much difference. There where 6 teams without red cards all season...are the ref's biased towards them?

City Raider said:
add the qpr game at end of last season and it is actually scary - wasnt there another one as well in the run in?

I remember Young getting 2 penalties from 2 dives late last season.

And United 1-0 up against Fulham when Carrick stonewall fouled Murphy in the box... I've never seen a more blatant penalty and the crowd went deathly silent because they knew... referee waved play on. People who can't see that for some reason (I say not an organised agenda but years of bullying, intimidation, and gamesmanship + Gill being on the FA adding to the intimidation factor for refs) they get far more than any other team simply have their eyes closed.

Carrick-Murphy.jpg

City Raider said:
add the qpr game at end of last season and it is actually scary - wasnt there another one as well in the run in?

Fulham in the 88th minute. As clear as night follows day.

City Raider said:
Young dived for one against West Brom I think, but they were possibly winning already.

supercrystal7 said:
sinead1989 said:
The ref in the galatasary game denied united 2 clear cut penos and galatasary one... decisions were more against them in that game.

Shelvey deserved the red (Evans possibly did too, but he won the ball so...) and Valencias ankle was clipped by johnson who then took him out of it definite peno... however.... liverpool were denied a blatant peno when scholes i think took someone out of it.

The game against wigan welbeck was a clear dive..they didn't score.

Southampton game was a defo peno.

Really...they haven't gained any points from decisions apart from maybe yesterdays game. As much decisions as they get... they get as many against them... people just don't highlight it as much.
The ref in the Galatasary game denied Galatasary two penalty decisions. It was also the timing of the decisions. Galatasary would have gone 1-0 up. Could have changed the game. United were already leading at that point, was not at such a pivotal point.

I agree the Southampton one was a pen.

As for the Liverpool game, for me there is no question Evans should have walked as well. The Valencia one was a penalty by the letter of the law, but there was barely any contact. It's a soft penalty, but can't argue too much if it's given. The problem is the Suarez foul by Evans again was more clear cut. If you give the Valencia one, then it can be argued the foul on Agger by Evans for a third time should be given too.

Do I think referees deliberately cheat to make United win? No. Do I think that 75,000 fans, 20 years of dominance, Alex Ferguson, the biggest names in the premiership hounding the referee and pre match interviews efffect the referees? Yes.

Can't say I remember the order of events at Galatasary... can say the officials where disgraceful throughout the game, for both sets of teams.

Suarez was clipped yes but if he had've just fell normally and not took an elaborate dive then he might have got it... he flipped his head back and all as if he was absolutely taken out of it. Think that swayed the ref's opinion a little.

Fair enough point... I'm sure the 75,000 fans roaring for a penalty etc can sway your opinion. Don't see how 20 years of dominance or Alex Ferguson has anything to do with it all managers go crazy about decisions. The only decision I think Fergie gets for being Fergie is some extra minutes at the end when he needs them

sinead1989 said:
United got 11 penalties last season 3 against.... City got 8 and 3 against... not much difference...3 penalties only. United had 1 red card...City had 2 again not much difference. There where 6 teams without red cards all season...are the ref's biased towards them?

these stats mean fuck all in themselves, the real relevance is when the penalties were given or not given and the same with the cards

sinead1989 said:
supercrystal7 said:
sinead1989 said:
The ref in the galatasary game denied united 2 clear cut penos and galatasary one... decisions were more against them in that game.

Shelvey deserved the red (Evans possibly did too, but he won the ball so...) and Valencias ankle was clipped by johnson who then took him out of it definite peno... however.... liverpool were denied a blatant peno when scholes i think took someone out of it.

The game against wigan welbeck was a clear dive..they didn't score.

Southampton game was a defo peno.

Really...they haven't gained any points from decisions apart from maybe yesterdays game. As much decisions as they get... they get as many against them... people just don't highlight it as much.
The ref in the Galatasary game denied Galatasary two penalty decisions. It was also the timing of the decisions. Galatasary would have gone 1-0 up. Could have changed the game. United were already leading at that point, was not at such a pivotal point.

I agree the Southampton one was a pen.

As for the Liverpool game, for me there is no question Evans should have walked as well. The Valencia one was a penalty by the letter of the law, but there was barely any contact. It's a soft penalty, but can't argue too much if it's given. The problem is the Suarez foul by Evans again was more clear cut. If you give the Valencia one, then it can be argued the foul on Agger by Evans for a third time should be given too.

Do I think referees deliberately cheat to make United win? No. Do I think that 75,000 fans, 20 years of dominance, Alex Ferguson, the biggest names in the premiership hounding the referee and pre match interviews efffect the referees? Yes.

Can't say I remember the order of events at Galatasary... can say the officials where disgraceful throughout the game, for both sets of teams.

Suarez was clipped yes but if he had've just fell normally and not took an elaborate dive then he might have got it... he flipped his head back and all as if he was absolutely taken out of it. Think that swayed the ref's opinion a little.

Fair enough point... I'm sure the 75,000 fans roaring for a penalty etc can sway your opinion. Don't see how 20 years of dominance or Alex Ferguson has anything to do with it all managers go crazy about decisions. The only decision I think Fergie gets for being Fergie is some extra minutes at the end when he needs them

absolute fucking bollox one thing for sure the cheating scotch **** gets is his players to dive welbeck, young, hernandez, nani and rooney. for me it just proves how desperate he is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.