Manchester’s Changing Skyline

Spot the Contour concrete core rising.

1 hour ago.

Olivia Hewitt - Linkedin

IMG_2017.jpeg

Embankment Exchange - Greengate.

Simon Gardner - Linkedin

Proteus Waterproofing Hot Melt® being installed in Sunny yes sunny Manchester. By the time I've posted this it's probably raining again.

IMG-2005.jpg

IMG-2004.jpg

IMG-2003.jpg

IMG-2002.jpg

IMG-2001.jpg

The view of the city centre skyline from the Paterson building, Didsbury.

Joanna Duany- Linkedin.

IMG_1998.jpeg

Another Mibility Hub is proposed as part of the Holt Town Masterplan.

I wouldn’t be surprised if one was also planned for or close to the Collar site in the Etihad Campus.

North West Construction Hub - Linkedin

Yesterday, the North West Construction Hub team enjoyed a site visit to Ancoats Mobility Hub, an exciting new £24m project being delivered by Bowmer and Kirkland Ltd .

The innovative scheme is a cornerstone for future development plans in Ancoats, and features:

•Over 400 square meters of green wall.

•150 secure bike parking spaces, complete with changing facilities and lockers.

•406 car parking spaces for residents and visitors, with 102 electric vehicle charging points.

•Up to 30 spaces dedicated to car club/ car share schemes.

•A parcel delivery hub.

•Over 400 rooftop solar panels.

• A new commercial unit, and space for a cafe overlooking Ancoats Green.

•1370 square meters of public realm work, seamlessly connecting Ancoats Green.

The project looked fantastic. The green wall is a great example of how we can integrate nature into our built environment to deliver sustainable, forward-thinking urban development. Kudos to the B&K team for bringing this project to life!

IMG-1995.jpg

IMG-1992.jpg

IMG-1993.jpg

IMG-1994.jpg

IMG-1991.jpg

IMG-1996.jpg

St Michael’s - 44 fl - City Centre

Apartments & Hotel. ( + separate office block)

IMG_2048.jpeg

Mark G - Linkedin (today)

IMG_2038.jpeg

IMG_2037.jpeg

IMG_2039.jpeg

1NQ - 13/11 fl - Tariff Street - Northern Quarter

IMG-2049.jpg

IMG-2050.jpg

OBR Construction - Linkedin

Obr construction are contracted to complete all ground works and Rc frame including 3 Nr slipforms on this project.

IMG-1983.jpg

IMG-1984.jpg

IMG-1985.jpg

IMG-1982.jpg

Adjacent, One Port Street.

IMG-1987.jpg

Focchi manufacture and install the cladding.

Daryl Roots - Focchi Group - Linkedin

Our teams at First Street, Port Street and Greengate are making great progress in Manchester.

First Street.

IMG-2019.jpg

IMG-2020.jpg

Port Street

IMG-2021.jpg

IMG-2051.jpg

Greengate.

IMG-2024.jpg

IMG-2025.jpg

IMG-2023.jpg

Serious question @jrb (not wumming); are you in the construction business? Or planning/architecture? You seem well up to speed with the changes in the city centre.

No mate.

I got into architecture, construction, and property development when the IRA bomb went off in Manchester in 1996.

I heard the bomb explosion, thought wtf is that, opened my Mum’s front door, and saw a huge plume of smoke, dust and debris rising in the city centre from my Mum’s house in Burnage.

After that I followed the reconstruction of the city centre with great interest. And have continued to follow it’s redevelopment ever since.

I enjoy walking around the city centre and seeing it change for the better, whilst taking pictures. In the end my interest became a hobby and a lifetime obsession, a bit like City. :-)

All the information I post is what I’ve learnt and by searching the internet. You just need to know what websites to go on, and what to search for.(by memory)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.