Manchester’s Changing Skyline

One Victoria.

Torsion Group - Linkedin

Our team at One Victoria in Manchester continues to make impressive strides in bringing this landmark project to fruition for our client, One Heritage Group PLC.

Significant progress has been made on both Blocks A and B. The completion of the substation at Block A marks a crucial milestone. Internal first fix M&E has reached level 4 on both blocks, including essential systems such as rainwater downpipes, soil vent pipes, and ducting.

Frames and glazing for both Blocks are complete, along with SFS steel and cement board installations. Mast climbers have been installed on both Blocks, aiding in the near-completion of cement board and EDPM waterproofing across all elevations. We are now ready to begin installing slip bricks on both Blocks, enhancing the exterior's aesthetic appeal and durability.

9-BEC8326-B684-44-E9-9-A7-A-41-B1-E8-BF14-F2.jpg

59-B26054-AB29-4740-8-D76-9955-E11-E6309.jpg

DE062-B08-30-AA-45-C2-9-FEE-38-A064-B0-E91-F.jpg

Like a lot of the new buildings going up, they're very box-y in appearance. Soulless, no character to them. I'm not impressed by them.

And yes; I have no doubt that big money is being spent on them.

At least the different developments and apartments are uniform and brick all the way along Ordsall Lane. Nice continuity and pleasent. Well, I think so.

Trident Riders - SSC-MCR, July crane count, last post.

Like a lot of the new buildings going up, they're very box-y in appearance. Soulless, no character to them. I'm not impressed by them.

And yes; I have no doubt that big money is being spent on them.
Thats Simpson Haugh for you. One design fits all. It's actually a bit cheaper to use the same design with tweaks.

Last edited:
Lumina Village - 20/13/11/8/7/6 fl - Trafford

IMG-2477.jpg

Ged Carter (Project Manager) - Linkedin

Great progress made at Lumina last month. Drainage complete and now progressing GF and upper level slabs.

IMG-2462.jpg

IMG-2461.jpg

IMG-2463.jpg

IMG-2460.jpg

London Road Fire Station redevelopment.

Longworth - Linkedin

Our current progress at London Road Fire Station in Manchester. Our skilled operatives have completed the Bauder Flat Roofs Bakor hot melt roofing system which included paving and ballast, as well as waterproofing around the plant screen steelwork posts.

To the walls, we have now completed the voestalpine Metsec plc SFS system and Weatherkem sheathing board, moving onto the rainscreen sub-grid framing. Next up will be the ROCKWOOL UK Rainscreen Duo-slab insulation and PFC Corofil cavity fire barriers. Once all the supporting works are completed we'll be installing a Proteus Engineered Façade Technology ® HR Rainscreen panel with a bespoke KME Brass external finish.

IMG-2442.jpg

IMG-2478.jpg

Manchester College Phase 2 - 6 fl - City Centre

Gary Quinn - Linkedin

Site visit 2 this week. Our extension to Manchester college, which we completed a couple of years ago. Envelope rapidly coming together, impressive work by Precision Facades. The atrium looking good, with the tower crane now removed.

IMG-2451.jpg

IMG-2452.jpg

IMG-2453.jpg

IMG-2454.jpg

IMG-2455.jpg

Very nice brickwork detail on Island - 10 fl - City Centre JRB.

Yes. It’s turned out really well hasn’t it.

That’s why I’m really looking forward to seeing House of Social, First Street, when that’s completed. The exterior is brick.

Thankfully more and more property developer are using brick again, even though it’s more expensive and time consuming.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.