Manchester’s Changing Skyline

The final piece of Renaker’s Greengate cluster would provide 518 apartments.

Having delivered Anaconda Cut in 2018, Renaker is nearing completion of the 52-storey Cortland at Colliers Yard, while work on the 444-apartment, 43-storey Bankside is in the early stages.

1677498416887.jpeg

The 41-storey tower would reach 123 metres and comprise 518 apartments. Of these, 246 will have one bedroom, 247 would have two bedrooms and 25 will have three bedrooms.

There would be 11,000 sq ft of commercial space across five ground-floor units.

The building’s façade would feature distinctive bronze aluminium panelling.

Once complete, Renaker’s Greengate masterplan will feature three towers of 52, 43, and 41 storeys and more than 1,500 apartments.

More good jobs coming to the city centre.

The Starling challenger bank is understood to be close to agreeing a deal to open its first office in the city at Barings’ Landmark off St Peter’s Square.

If terms are agreed at Barings’ 180,000 sq ft Landmark, Starling would join a growing roster of high-profile tenants.

1677498580517.jpeg
At the time, founder and chief executive Anne Boden said there was “never any doubt that Manchester would house [the company’s] first step into the North”.

Oh my!

What a gateway into the city centre Regent Road will become with Regent Park and Trinity Islands.

Click on the link below to see the public consultation information. You can register for the webinar as well.

Place North West.

Henley Investment Management has today [Monday] launched a public consultation on its plans to completely overhaul Regent Retail Park.
The scheme would see the demolition of the 11 retail units on the northern portion of the site. These include Costa Coffee, TX Maxx, Home Bargains, and Boots.

1677514618785.jpeg

In their place would be 10 residential blocks, including two tall buildings bookending the site at Oldfield Road and Ordsall Lane that will ‘provide an exciting new addition to the skyline’, according to the developer.

1677514013166.jpeg
1677513823559.jpeg

The plans are in the early stages of development and work might not start until 2026 when the leases on the retail units expire.

PS. When I was taking pictures around there 2 weeks ago I was thinking it wouldn’t be long until the retail park would be replaced by a residential development. The retail park is now out of place and it’s had it’s day.

Last edited:
Always worth watching. Usually there’s some decent snippets made public.

Manchester MIPIM 2023 programme.

Generation Manchester is the theme of the region’s programme at MIPIM. Those visiting the stand on La Croisette in Cannes can expect to learn about the long-term ambitions of Greater Manchester and the innovations and social value goals in place to help them be achieved.

Oh my!

What a gateway into the city centre Regent Road will become with Regent Park and Trinity Islands.

Click on the link below to see the public consultation information. You can register for the webinar as well.

Place North West.

Henley Investment Management has today [Monday] launched a public consultation on its plans to completely overhaul Regent Retail Park.
The scheme would see the demolition of the 11 retail units on the northern portion of the site. These include Costa Coffee, TX Maxx, Home Bargains, and Boots.

View attachment 70497

In their place would be 10 residential blocks, including two tall buildings bookending the site at Oldfield Road and Ordsall Lane that will ‘provide an exciting new addition to the skyline’, according to the developer.

View attachment 70496
View attachment 70494

The plans are in the early stages of development and work might not start until 2026 when the leases on the retail units expire.

PS. When I was taking pictures around there 2 weeks ago I was thinking it wouldn’t be long until the retail park would be replaced by a residential development. The retail park is now out of place and it’s had it’s day.
Yeah, retail parks are alright on the edge of the conurbation but they aren’t really needed in a city centre.

Oh my!

Place North West.

View attachment 70497

View attachment 70496
View attachment 70494

I completely agree that the retail park has had its day and last time i visited it, there were more empty units than occupied and it was very dated

jrb - is there really the need/market for more apartment blocks in town? I remember someone telling me years ago (and I've no idea if it was true or not) that there was a fair % of apartments just sat empty, and since then there must be hundreds more blocks built.

Viadux really starting to make an impact on the skyline around Deansgate Locks.(see picture below)

Rumour that a taller tower by Salboy, right next to Viadux, on the previously proposed office building plot. See the CGI’s below which show the location of the rumoured 2nd tower. The office proposal would have been built over the Metrlonlink tram lines, creating a new tunnel.

View attachment 70374

View attachment 70375

View attachment 70376

View attachment 70377

Holly Young - Linkedin

View attachment 70378

PS. Something positive. Last time I looked the Tower of Light exterior at street level was still graffiti and tagging free, which is a welcomed surprise, seeing as it has an all white exterior. It seems even the graffiti artists and taggers appreciate how good it looks.

Nope, it's just a matter of opportunity...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.