Manchester’s Changing Skyline

Taken from 20 Stories - Spinningfields.

Been in a couple of times myself. Once pre-opening. Great views of the city centre and Gtr Manchester.

justkerrydavies - Instagram

View attachment 62666

Below is the new and emerging St John’s/Enterprise City district. It includes the old Granada Studios. A mixture of residential, offices, leisure, Factory International, etc. The property developer is Allied London.

The tower under construction is Union Living - 32 stories. Another and similar tower next it is also under construction. That will be 36 stories.

View attachment 62673

The tower behind Union Living is Novella - 23 stories, which has recently been completed. Phase 2, Plot C - 23 stories has recently received planning permission.

View attachment 62675

View attachment 62676

That’s something we could do with more of… viewing points.

Apart from the tops around the edges of the conurbation if you’re out hiking, the top of the spirals of the Colin Bell Stand if you’re a City fan in the third tier, 20 stories and the odd other places… there aren’t many proper viewing points of the city and none that are a visitor attraction.

That’s something we could do with more of… viewing points.

Apart from the tops around the edges of the conurbation if you’re out hiking, the top of the spirals of the Colin Bell Stand if you’re a City fan in the third tier, 20 stories and the odd other places… there aren’t many proper viewing points of the city and none that are a visitor attraction.

True.

Cloud 23 at the Hilton Hotel/Bertham tower is great. I take pictures from a few car parks in the city centre. The back car park at Mediacity affords a great view of the city centre skyline in the distance. Not been up there in a while. I’ll nip over next week. One of the most spectacular views of the Manchester skyline is from Barton Bridge.

Last edited:
Not a view you get to see often, if at all.

Chris Brindley - Linkedin

Nice Saturday job striking down lift shaft hoist at one of Renaker sites in Manchester took us 6 hours to do 30 floors removing all ties and grinding studs off on way down and lifting hoist out the top of core ready to be taken away next week, not bad for Saturday shift with Callum and Colin.

D9D033E3-D904-4E99-9FD3-981D5C3D079B.jpeg

F7D42915-35CC-4BC7-8385-090A2E27C329.jpeg

Click on the link. Takes you straight to the video.

Wow. What an amazing view from the top of the C4 Blade on the Crown Street project. Below you can see the top of C5 360 catching up fast. The projects have really come on from the 10 months we have been on site. Thank you to the project team.

A great looking tower.

A definite new landmark for the NQ.

Click on the link below for more good CGI’s.

Glassworks - 17/6 stories - NQ

Under construction. Nearly completed.

Glassworks Manchester - Linkedin

Thanks to everyone who joined us for the Glassworks launch event.

81A183DF-96D7-4E6C-9920-D7098E19C99D.jpeg

6BDC529F-AE41-4495-8136-FE42190663C8.jpeg

DFE31E4B-1DC6-4A54-81E7-5E997668152C.jpeg

True.

Cloud 23 at the Hilton Hotel/Bertham tower is great. I take pictures from a few car parks in the city centre. The back car park at Mediacity affords a great for a view of the city centre skyline in the distance. Not been up there in a while. I’ll nip over next week. One of most spectacular views of the Manchester skyline is from Barton Bridge.
There’s a certain few spots around the Quays that provide a great viewing point. You have to be a bit careful underfoot in a few places.

I did a shift banking the crane Saturday on St Michaels, Gary Nevilles project on the demolished Bootle St Police station. I'm going back in the new year so I will take photos as it goes up. As you can see the job is still in the ground.
I forgot to ask but they are demolishing the synagogue next door hopefully the headquarters of the rags Men in Black The Abbercombie goes as well.
Screenshot_20221204-175636_Photos.jpg

Reactions: jrb
I did a shift banking the crane Saturday on St Michaels, Gary Nevilles project on the demolished Bootle St Police station. I'm going back in the new year so I will take photos as it goes up. As you can see the job is still in the ground.
I forgot to ask but they are demolishing the synagogue next door hopefully the headquarters of the rags Men in Black The Abbercombie goes as well.
View attachment 62722
We go in the Abercrombie before City games. Great boozer.

Neville wanted it gone but everyone kicked up a fuss, it’s one of the oldest pubs in Manchester… and it’s staying!

Salboy(Fred Done) has bought the Boddingtons site from Reality Estates and is expected to start onsite with the previous Reality Estates proposal early next year. The proposal includes a 26 storey tower. Hopefully not too many changes to a great looking (brick) proposal.

81B48A07-2D59-458D-91DC-B819D0CA61BC.png

F2E6E30F-F60F-4865-9746-2CE877A7E288.jpeg

EE42AC23-91E1-4A82-A2B2-D977385FEE8A.jpeg

1202F594-DE65-407F-B2F0-43F8BDC31B22.jpeg

FDD75108-0334-43EB-9A03-BF2E83A561A3.jpeg

Place North West.

The developer is readying for an early 2023 start on building 556 homes on the Dutton Street plot, which sits next to Manchester College’s city centre campus.

Salboy purchased the three-acre site from Realty Estates for an undisclosed price. JLL and Kuits represented Realty Estates on the deal.

Planning permission for 556 homes and 31,000 sq ft of commercial and retail space was secured for the area in February 2019. At that time, the project was being put forward by developer Prosperity UX Manchester who had an option to acquire the site from Realty Estates. However, the developer was unable to start construction before going bust in May 2021.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.