Manchester City Developments Limited

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Dubai Blue said:
I'm just saying there isn't any urgent rush at the moment. Games aren't usually selling out until a day or two before kick-off, so it's not like we're locking out an extra 20k each week. If you want to go to a game at the moment, you can. I accept that that is likely to change in the future though.
It's interesting to look at how the average gates fell in the 80s as the capacity dropped of Maine Rd, even though we averaged around 44,000 with a 51000 capacity when it dropped down to around 32,000 it dropped to high to mid 20s(despite the fact we clearly had nearly twice as many people going a short time before). So I think its fair to say it worked in reverse then, that a reduced capacity had a negative effect on the average crowd size(we couldn't sell out at the reduced levels), why is it that the same effect doesn't work both ways?

I don't think we ever averaged 44k during the 70s and 80s. We were normaly around the mid 30s only peaking at 40k the season we were runners up to Liverpool. After relegation against Luton our crowds went fron 34 to 26k. By the mid 80s in the old division 2 when Maine Road still held nearly 52k we were strugling to average 20k.

Apologies if this appears somewhere in the other 14 pages, but Sheikh Mansour's other Team, Aljazira, appear to be building a new 40,000 seater stadium, advised to be following on from 'traditional' English Grounds.

They don't look too 'traditional' to me, but I get the idea...... if we do get a new ground, something along the lines of this would be amazing!

1797536540_c7.jpg

1666314502_Main20Image.jpg

1218017672_c7b.jpg

Sheikh Rattle n Roll said:
Apologies if this appears somewhere in the other 14 pages, but Sheikh Mansour's other Team, Aljazira, appear to be building a new 40,000 seater stadium, advised to be following on from 'traditional' English Grounds.

They don't look too 'traditional' to me, but I get the idea...... if we do get a new ground, something along the lines of this would be amazing!

1797536540_c7.jpg

1666314502_Main20Image.jpg

1218017672_c7b.jpg

We need one of them 70000 tho :)

very interesting thread this. In my opinion, COMS doesnt feel like home even after this long. You look at our ground and your right, it just isnt up there with the top stadiums in the world. Part of the way our owners and people from the Abu Dhabi and Dubai work, is they want THEIR things to be the best. Just look at that stadium being planned for his other team Al Jazerra or what ever they are called. There stadium looks amazing. Look at downtown Dubai, clean, fresh, modern and exciting. Look at the new F1 track that has been built, just stunning and the best in the world. These projects are everything COMS isnt and i feel that the owners could be about to pull another suprise out of the hat.

Facts:

New Ground?.....No

Expansion On COMS?......Yes

70,000?......Yes

New Training Facilities?.......Yes

Land Near Ground?......Yes

State Of The Art + The Dogs Bollox?......Yes

pepsi_dave said:
Magic-g said:
MANCHESTER CITY PROPERTY LIMITED
Registered No. 05131225
CITY OF MANCHESTER STADIUM, SPORTCITY, MANCHESTER, M11 3FF
Type of business: Letting of own property
Company Status: Small unquoted company filing only a modified balance sheet
Last Accounts Analysed: For the period ending 31/05/2008

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ukdata.com/company-listings/Ma-119.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ukdata.com/company-listings/Ma-119.html</a>

Name & Registered Office:
MANCHESTER CITY DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED
CITY OF MANCHESTER STADIUM
SPORTCITY
MANCHESTER
M11 3FF
Company No. 06930213

Magic-g

I guess that pretty much settles the debate for now then........
Not really. Manchester City Property was set up about 5 years ago not long after the move to CoMS. We were short of dosh (as usual) so Mackintosh sold the building that holds the shop to an un-named group of property investors and we rented it off them.

It slipped his mind to mention it at the 2005 AGM and it came out at the next one. He refused to name the people involved and there was no record of the transaction at Land Registry. All very dodgy. He also claimed it was just the same as a mortgage except that, with a mortgage, you own the property, whereas we'd sold it.

No idea really but in my experience (limited) these sort of holding companies are created as a front to enable contracts and the like to be drawn up and signed. There has already been press release about academy and it may just be that this is the start of the proposed building of the training facility on the factory site just opposite. Not sure whether they eed to do anything with COMs just yet although can see that in a year or two if we have been sucessfull they might need to add a tier or two to it so this may again been the beginnings of that also. Pretty exciting stuff or a damp squib.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.