Manchester City Developments Limited

scall said:
locoblu said:
How about a `MASSIVE` sky scraper overlooking our `MASSIVE` new 80,000 seater state of the art ground, where we all could live in Blue harmony and pay our rent to Manchester city FC, for an un-MASSIVE ammount of course. Seriously though as well as either extending the ground or building a new one altogether, would`nt it be nice to have a truly in your face high rise development, with sky blue tinted glass naturally. Its gonna be interesting whatever they do, theres a hell of a lot of land to develop around Eastlands.

Trautmann Tower?

Surely Tony Towers , apologies if done before

cleavers said:
Don't really see why any stadium redevelopement would need to cause a whole stand to be shut down, much more likely some of us would have to sit in the rain for a few months.

I would think this is much more likely to be development of the other site across from Asda, and the development of the land around the stadium. I'm sure that ADUG will want to develop the existing land into hotel/leisure/housing, and I really can't see them getting permission for another new stadium from the council. Its perhaps a bargaining chip in trying to buy out the council, that they might submit plans for a new stadium, but I'd seriously doubt they ever intend to.

In any case we rarely fill the one we have, and while we may start doing so soon if we start winning things, its more likely they would increase prices to increase revenue, as tickets become harder to get. An increase in capacity can be achieved with clever use of how any extension is built.

Three out of the last four home games(in the league) have been sell outs. The Fulham game is likely to be sold out to home fans, seats available in the away section mind. So the idea that we don't sell out doesn't bear scrutiny

If we're talking about going third tier at the ends and having to sort the roof out, then I can imagine a way to do it.

The cables are the actual structural load-bearing part of the roof.
Imagine if you took away all the beams and all the panels then the cables would still be there like a big net with a pitch-sized hole in the middle.
For the Games the end didn't have any beams or panels and the cables were still in place.

There is a cable ring that goes around the inside of the roof and cables going over pillars from outside the ground to the cable ring.
Beams are joined at the back of the stand and the weight of the free ends is supported by hanging from the cables and are there to fix the roof panels to.
The panels in the roof are just filling in the gaps.

To extend the ends you could build new pillars that are taller than the current ones - like the spiral stairs ones at the sides. The current ones and the old roof would stay where they are while you build the new taller pillars.
Stretch new cables up and over the new tall pillars to the cable ring, tie your best boy scout knot from the new cables to the cable ring.
You can now take all the end roof panels away, cut all the old beams away and then hold your breath and cut all the old cables. The new cables hold the cable ring.
Take away the small pillars and what you've then got is more or less what was there for the Games - pillars with up and over cables holding up the cable ring but no 'roof' as such, but with taller pillars.
Build up the third tier at the end, new beams and new panels and job done.

You work 24x7 because you have so much cash the overtime rates don't matter and job done before you know it.

On the other hand, build a brand spanking new stadium on the CA site with a covered/retractable roof and a roll in and out pitch. You could have a mega indoor stadium for concerts etc.

The current site could be used for something new - cricket ground perhaps or one that could do cricket, baseball and other big field sports? MLB would love to have a game or two over here but there's nowhere big enough.

blueyorkie said:
cleavers said:
Don't really see why any stadium redevelopement would need to cause a whole stand to be shut down, much more likely some of us would have to sit in the rain for a few months.

I would think this is much more likely to be development of the other site across from Asda, and the development of the land around the stadium. I'm sure that ADUG will want to develop the existing land into hotel/leisure/housing, and I really can't see them getting permission for another new stadium from the council. Its perhaps a bargaining chip in trying to buy out the council, that they might submit plans for a new stadium, but I'd seriously doubt they ever intend to.

In any case we rarely fill the one we have, and while we may start doing so soon if we start winning things, its more likely they would increase prices to increase revenue, as tickets become harder to get. An increase in capacity can be achieved with clever use of how any extension is built.

Three out of the last four home games(in the league) have been sell outs. The Fulham game is likely to be sold out to home fans, seats available in the away section mind. So the idea that we don't sell out doesn't bear scrutiny
It's early days yet

Dubai Blue said:
blueyorkie said:
It's early days yet

I did ask earlier if it would be cheaper and easier to build a new stadium over 2 years and keep COMS and it seems likely that it would be.

The Theatre of Fergie is big but I dont think its that great as they are building on a tiny site, and in the words of Yazz and the Plastic Population the only way is UP.

If City were to build a new 'Home Stadium' wouldnt COMS just be a part of the ultimate in youth/reserve facilities?

Im off to take some valium now.

;-)

could it be that the owners are just going to buy the ground and surrounding areas
then build luxury apartments/a new stae of the art training complex has they want all playing staff in the one place

BlueDune said:
If we're talking about going third tier at the ends and having to sort the roof out, then I can imagine a way to do it.

The cables are the actual structural load-bearing part of the roof.
Imagine if you took away all the beams and all the panels then the cables would still be there like a big net with a pitch-sized hole in the middle.
For the Games the end didn't have any beams or panels and the cables were still in place.

There is a cable ring that goes around the inside of the roof and cables going over pillars from outside the ground to the cable ring.
Beams are joined at the back of the stand and the weight of the free ends is supported by hanging from the cables and are there to fix the roof panels to.
The panels in the roof are just filling in the gaps.

To extend the ends you could build new pillars that are taller than the current ones - like the spiral stairs ones at the sides. The current ones and the old roof would stay where they are while you build the new taller pillars.
Stretch new cables up and over the new tall pillars to the cable ring, tie your best boy scout knot from the new cables to the cable ring.
You can now take all the end roof panels away, cut all the old beams away and then hold your breath and cut all the old cables. The new cables hold the cable ring.
Take away the small pillars and what you've then got is more or less what was there for the Games - pillars with up and over cables holding up the cable ring but no 'roof' as such, but with taller pillars.
Build up the third tier at the end, new beams and new panels and job done.

You work 24x7 because you have so much cash the overtime rates don't matter and job done before you know it.

On the other hand, build a brand spanking new stadium on the CA site with a covered/retractable roof and a roll in and out pitch. You could have a mega indoor stadium for concerts etc.

The current site could be used for something new - cricket ground perhaps or one that could do cricket, baseball and other big field sports? MLB would love to have a game or two over here but there's nowhere big enough.

I considered this as well and it sounds feasible, but the roof is quite a complex structure and I think the shape is part of the structural integrity

Dubai Blue said:
blueyorkie said:
It's early days yet
We sold out 9 times last season, which most reasonable people would consider more that "we rarely fill the one we have" and that was with a team that finished 10th.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Dubai Blue said:
It's early days yet
We sold out 9 times last season, which most reasonable people would consider more that "we rarely fill the one we have" and that was with a team that finished 10th.
I'm just saying there isn't any urgent rush at the moment. Games aren't usually selling out until a day or two before kick-off, so it's not like we're locking out an extra 20k each week. If you want to go to a game at the moment, you can. I accept that that is likely to change in the future though.

031658_a83397e7.jpg

thats all you need to see to show we can take an end out without affecting the roof structure. this pic is of the stadium during the commenwealth games looking on from the temporary stand which was put in before the stadium was completed after the games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.