Manchester City Developments Limited

Jnr Kisby said:
031658_a83397e7.jpg

thats all you need to see to show we can take an end out without affecting the roof structure. this pic is of the stadium during the commenwealth games looking on from the temporary stand which was put in before the stadium was completed after the games.
You didn't read the last few pages then?

It's not as simple as first appears in that picture. The roof is very much there above the temporary stand; there are just no panels on it.

Dubai Blue said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
We sold out 9 times last season, which most reasonable people would consider more that "we rarely fill the one we have" and that was with a team that finished 10th.
I'm just saying there isn't any urgent rush at the moment. Games aren't usually selling out until a day or two before kick-off, so it's not like we're locking out an extra 20k each week. If you want to go to a game at the moment, you can. I accept that that is likely to change in the future though.
It's interesting to look at how the average gates fell in the 80s as the capacity dropped of Maine Rd, even though we averaged around 44,000 with a 51000 capacity when it dropped down to around 32,000 it dropped to high to mid 20s(despite the fact we clearly had nearly twice as many people going a short time before). So I think its fair to say it worked in reverse then, that a reduced capacity had a negative effect on the average crowd size(we couldn't sell out at the reduced levels), why is it that the same effect doesn't work both ways?

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Dubai Blue said:
I'm just saying there isn't any urgent rush at the moment. Games aren't usually selling out until a day or two before kick-off, so it's not like we're locking out an extra 20k each week. If you want to go to a game at the moment, you can. I accept that that is likely to change in the future though.
It's interesting to look at how the average gates fell in the 80s as the capacity dropped of Maine Rd, even though we averaged around 44,000 with a 51000 capacity when it dropped down to around 32,000 it dropped to high to mid 20s(despite the fact we clearly had nearly twice as many people going a short time before). So I think its fair to say it worked in reverse then, that a reduced capacity had a negative effect on the average crowd size(we couldn't sell out at the reduced levels), why is it that the same effect doesn't work both ways?
There are probably a whole host of reasons for attendances falling during that period:
Rising ticket prices
People put off by hooliganism
Banning of alcohol
All-seater stadiums
All-ticket matches
Shite football
Continued lack of any success
Team going backwards etc etc.

I just don't think the demand currently exists for an extra 15-20k seats at COMS. If it did, matches would be selling out long before the day prior to the game. Yeah, we have more than 48k fans, but at the moment a lot of them can't/aren't willing to go to every single game.

Our owners may preempt an increase in demand and extend the stadium early, but it certainly isn't needed as a matter of urgency.

Dubai Blue said:
It's not as simple as first appears in that picture. The roof is very much there above the temporary stand; there are just no panels on it.

no, must admit I did skim!

though this image says otherwise.

manchester_commonwealth_games_ceremony.jpg

I certainly dont remember any roof being there, which is why people were sat in giant condoms was a usual sight. why would they put a floating roof over?!!

3389029.00326.jpg

Edit: Just seen your post with the pics dubai blue, understand what you mean now, the roof wasnt on but the supports were in place, they would have to change the supports around the ground no doubt, but if they want to expand in future thats the best plan to make it simpler in future for changes.

aage's banana said:
I know a couple of Polish blokes who could knock a new stadium out in a couple of weeks, cash in hand...

Ivor Roofov and Zbigniew Stadium?

Magic-g said:
MANCHESTER CITY PROPERTY LIMITED
Registered No. 05131225
CITY OF MANCHESTER STADIUM, SPORTCITY, MANCHESTER, M11 3FF
Type of business: Letting of own property
Company Status: Small unquoted company filing only a modified balance sheet
Last Accounts Analysed: For the period ending 31/05/2008

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ukdata.com/company-listings/Ma-119.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ukdata.com/company-listings/Ma-119.html</a>

Name & Registered Office:
MANCHESTER CITY DEVELOPMENTS LIMITED
CITY OF MANCHESTER STADIUM
SPORTCITY
MANCHESTER
M11 3FF
Company No. 06930213

Magic-g

I guess that pretty much settles the debate for now then........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.