Manchester City fans are becoming embarrassing.

The original post is pretty bang on really.
I'm 33, never seen us win a trophy (div 1 apart with Keegan) but have always stood by the team and got on with it. Our recent wealth has brought alot or impatience to be honest and also a new breed of fan. Even some of the older ones have been bitten by this bug. Put everything into perspective and how did we feel when we had Danny Allsopp or Robert taylor playing up front for us? We were fine with it, because they were the calibre of player we had to put up with....... Any one of our players now would make it into at least 75% of the rest of the Premier League starting 11'.
Alot of our fans don't know how lucky we are!!

can't please all of the people all of the time.
It's opinions or just kids.
But yeh I know where your coming from.

lionheart said:
Over a hundred are likely to have died in that earthquake in New Zealand, so please stop the Dzeko/Yaya/Bazza hating posts. Get things into perspective.
Are you wired right?

kippaxcarlos said:
I'm 33, never seen us win a trophy (div 1 apart with Keegan) but have always stood by the team and got on with it. Our recent wealth has brought alot or impatience to be honest and also a new breed of fan. Even some of the older ones have been bitten by this bug. Put everything into perspective and how did we feel when we had Danny Allsopp or Robert taylor playing up front for us? We were fine with it, because they were the calibre of player we had to put up with....... Any one of our players now would make it into at least 75% of the rest of the Premier League starting 11'.

I'm getting fucking sick of sanctimonious fans preaching to the rest of us.

Do some of you lot attend some alternative version of COMS to me?

Where the fuck are all these sentiments coming from?

City fans are largely the same as they've ever been - a cross section of Mancunian society. Like all football crowds, there's dissent if things aren't going right and joy if things are. There is no club in the land who doesn't have this.

The City crowd hasn't changed significantly at all, in fact I'd argue it's a lot less negative and more supportive than it has been in years. I don't know if you lot are fucking United WUMs (certainyl plenty on this thread) or kids who've just started going.

Oh by the way, both Taylor and Allsop got much more abuse on a week to week basis than anyone in our current squad has ever got.

agree with opening post some people are just to impatient. But also agree with the people that said jo could,nt get in a non-league team i think he,s that bad and i,ve seen some really bad players ware the famous sky blue shirt.

Didsbury Dave said:
kippaxcarlos said:

City fans are largely the same as they've ever been - a cross section of Mancunian society. Like all football crowds, there's dissent if things aren't going right and joy if things are. There is no club in the land who doesn't have this.

The City crowd hasn't changed significantly at all, in fact I'd argue it's a lot less negative and more supportive than it has been in years. I don't know if you lot are fucking United WUMs (certainyl plenty on this thread) or kids who've just started going. But you're full of fucking shit.

Are you for real? apart from the singing section and the South Stand nobody else in the stadium shows their support to the team apart from every now and then.

Every missed placed pass i can hear groans from the other side of the ground and it translates onto the pitch. Thats what makes the players nervous near the end of some games (Wolves, Blackpool) holding on rather than calmly keeping possession.

When do we ever score in the last 10 minutes at home? Never. And the reason is because half the crowd have left early to catch the first bus or simply get a pint 10 minutes quicker.

Didsbury Dave said:
kippaxcarlos said:

The City crowd hasn't changed significantly at all, in fact I'd argue it's a lot less negative and more supportive than it has been in years. I don't know if you lot are fucking United WUMs (certainyl plenty on this thread) or kids who've just started going. But you're full of fucking shit.

Sorry D.D. i dont disagree with a lot of what you say but if i had slagged off Bell Lee Buzzer our best players some years ago or even some of our fringe players the way this lot do at a game i would have died on the Kippax in short get my kin ed kicked in

Biggest generalisation ever. So a few threads have been made about specific players and suddenly thats every City fans view now. Except your own obviously.

ar yes i still remember all those chants of "your not fit to wear the shirt". nicky summerbee gettin shit n eddie m'goldrick tryin to calm us down demo's at the front gates "sack the board" whilst stood on car roof on car park.edghill not wantin to run down the line or take throw ins cause of the shit he used to get.altho remember a brill cross for our equaliser at the mighty stockport county late on

spanishblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Sorry D.D. i dont disagree with a lot of what you say but if i had slagged off Bell Lee Buzzer our best players some years ago or even some of our fringe players the way this lot do at a game i would have died on the Kippax in short get my kin ed kicked in

That's just sepia-tinged nostalgic rubbish mate, with respect.

I tell you now there was a damn sight more moaning back in the day, not less. Now I started going in 76 so I can't comment on before that, but back then the likes of Joe Corrigan and Paul Power had there lives made a misery for them by the crowd - and we were top of the league. The team would be booed off at half time and fulltime, and the "Main STand Moaners" were a standing joke at City. My Dad tells me they were just as vociferious the season we won the league.

In the 80s and 90s, the ground was a foaming sea of nastiness many matchdays. Everyone moaned - it was part of the club culture. The players were scared to play at home. There were demos outside the Main STand. We called for the Chairman's HEad. We called for the manager's head. We called for players to be sacked and told them they weren't fit to wear the shirt.

It's a walk in the park these days. There have always been a few idiots, like at any big City club, but the vast majority are hugely supportive. I honestly think forums have skewed people's perepective on this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.