Manchester City - Premier League Champions 2022/23

If you'd said a couple of months ago that City would win the title with three games spare, nobody would have believed you.

We've been brilliant but with two wins in eight games (I think), Arsenal totally bottled it, showing relegation form when the real battle began.
The browner Ben White got, the more they crumbled.

This second half of the season has just felt like no other, what we’ve witnessed and are potentially about to witness feels like something we’ll be telling our grandchildren about in years to come, that we were lucky to experience it, and had a part to play.

It’s not just the performances from the players, it’s the fans and the atmosphere at the Etihad and I can’t get enough, this is the next stage in our evolution.

Congratulations to the boys yet again and I hope every single one of you have the chance to celebrate on this amazing day.

SOMETHING’S HAPPENING!

Spitty was blaming HRH for kicking the bucket for City winning the title. He reckons if we'd have played Arsenal when we were originally supposed to, they might have beat us because they were flying & our form was patchy!

Blame QEII for helping City to ruin football even more than we already have! :-)

You aren’t joking are you.
He has sexually said this hasn’t he.

What an absolute bellend.

Why do the BBC, In both their main news programme, and Match of the Day, feel the need to talk about the 'charges hanging over us'?
Because we are not one of the cash cows yet and don't play in red.

Sod em, I hope their chips taste salty today.

True. You are a great team, maybe the greatest. No team (likely in the world) is equipped currently to challenge City, so who would bet against you winning again next year? Or the year after? I think maybe that’s where we are now. Pep is a genius and success under him is almost inevitable. Whether that’s good for football is a moot point. Anyway, I hope you win the treble and take that sole accomplishment away from Man Yoo.
It is good for football. It drives standards up. It brings in more interest and investment to our league.

And it’s not the only time it’s happened:

Liverpool, champions 5 times in 6 seasons (2 then 3 in a row) 1978-79, 1979-80, 1981-82, 1982-83 and 1983-84… with a wider 11 titles in 18 years.

United, champions 5 times in 6 seasons (2 then 3 in a row) 1995-96, 1996-97, 1998-99, 1999-00 and 2000-01… with a wider 13 titles in 21 years.

City, champions 5 times in 6 seasons (2 then 3 in a row): 2017-18, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22 and 2022-23… with a wider 7 titles in 11 years (and still going).

During these years of one team dominance in the league, England has had a club crowned European Cup/Champions League winners 10 times out of its 14 in total, with 6 different winning clubs and 8 different finalists… and maybe 11 times out of its 15 in total, with a 7th different club, to come next month.

It also drives forward that next club to come forward and take over the mantle. Without that great Liverpool side, would that great United side have been as successful? Without that great United side would we have seen those great Arsenal and Chelsea sides of the 00s? Without all of those great sides would we have seen this great City side? Without this great City side we absolutely would not have the gigantic TV revenue deals we see right across our league, benefitting the entire structure of English football. Without this great City side we wouldn’t see Newcastle’s takeover and the strive to emulate City to Arsenal and their recent investment into their team; two clubs who might be the next great sides in English football.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because we are not one of the cash cows yet and don't play in red.

Sod em, I hope their chips taste salty today.
We are probably the #1 biggest cash cow ever seen in English football. TV deals were minuscule compared to now, before we blew away all but one English league title run-in (1988-89) with our fantastic end of season finishes for the masses around the football world to enjoy.

In the season before Pep came to English football, the top PL clubs would bring in about £100m in TV revenue. Now the team who finishes rock bottom of the 20 gets that much, with the top clubs getting around £160m.

English football has never benefited from a club bringing in money for everyone as much as it has with City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.