Manchester City ship

Port and Starboard are left and right hand side of a ship.
It's where the word POSH originates from.
It's when the upper-class/gentry were going to India.
Port Out /Starboard Home.
So that they were on the best part of the ship to keep their delicate white skin out of the burning tropical sun,by being in the shade.
One of the most enduring etymological myths.

Port and Starboard are left and right hand side of a ship.
It's where the word POSH originates from.
It's when the upper-class/gentry were going to India.
Port Out /Starboard Home.
So that they were on the best part of the ship to keep their delicate white skin out of the burning tropical sun,by being in the shade.
I was taught a good way to remember what colour was port and which side of the ship it was.
A restaurant customer who fancied a drink asked the waiter '' Is there any Red Port Left''.

It works for me.

You sure about those years?

The service to Canada ended in 1979, and by the early 1980s only five "Manchester" ships remained – the 30,000 ton container vessel Manchester Challenge and four 1,600–4,000 ton vessels: Manchester Crown, Manchester Trader, Manchester Faith and Manchester City.
Think this is right, or there are multiple ships with the name, as found that during The Second World War Manchester City became a mineplayer, then a naval auxiliary ship, working in the Far East.

I heard there was a rag ship too, but it sank around 10 years ago due to being overloaded with expensive cargo nobody else wanted.
Expensively priced in the SuperDuperLoopyMegaStore. Fact is, they were plastic framed photos of Edwin van der Sar, and when Rag eyes alighted upon his features the general expression was WHO THE FUCK IS THAT! And consequently the only one that was sold was purchased by Edwin himself!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.