Manchester City Skinheads

Use the PM function if you want to moan about threads being pulled as it says in the forum rules
Use the PM function if you want to moan about threads being pulled as it says in the forum rules
Ok will do but had to many cocktails last night lol
Back in the day City had a right mob of Skinheads and were the forefront of fashion
Doc Martins,Ben Sherman,Fred Perry,Crombie,Harrington Jackets ,Blazers with Lancashire Rose
Loadsof stuff was bought from "Stolen From Ivors"

If the thread is banned how come we can post on it................................ are the Mods on holiday ?

Anyway, Rude Boys, that brings beack memories, aka The Specials.
Dont no mate one of lifes mysteries the headline but the original is somewhere in cyperspace

bed6ff082a99bbd78bd0d27b2b2462a8.jpg

Fucking 'ooligan!
Original 60s skinheads weren’t hooligans. They were just white working class lads who knocked about with Jamaican rude boy lads and listened to rocksteady and ska and wanted an identity and a scene or suculture to follow as they didn’t feel middle class enough to join the hippie movement, even if they liked some of the music.

I have a skinhead now (David actually doesn’t in that picture, he has either a no guard or a bic bonehead! Skinhead is #1-3 guard, suede head is longer than that), but I’m no hooligan.

I don’t think it took long for that ‘hard’ look became a thing of violence though, people of the time will obviously know how long that took

Last edited by a moderator:
I would agree that what Rocksteady I have heard is better but, how can I put this, you may be a little older than me. I can say I had heard/bought Prince Buster records before Madness copied them and Al Capones Guns Don't (H)Argue is still one of my favourites. I love Reggae in all it manifestations, King Tubbys Meets Rockers Uptown ?
I’m actually only 36, just like subculture history. Really interested in it. The evolution with the Fred Perry polo from mod-skin-Perry boy-casual was what got me into it all.

And then I started listening to the music.

King Tubby, early Bob Marley, Toots and the Maytals, Lee Scratch Perry, the Mellotones...

Ok will do but had to many cocktails last night lol
Back in the day City had a right mob of Skinheads and were the forefront of fashion
Doc Martins,Ben Sherman,Fred Perry,Crombie,Harrington Jackets ,Blazers with Lancashire Rose
Loadsof stuff was bought from "Stolen From Ivors"
Don't forget Tonic suits and staypress

69 was probably citys best skinhead era, anyone walking back to Manchester from Trafford after they beat us 3/nil in the fa cup 4th rd feb 70 when we were the cup holders will tell you, especially when the lights changed to red on chester rd, moral to this story is don’t take the piss when your packed on open platform buses because you cannot rely on the traffic lights

Tell us more... this is about 3 years before I started away games.

City had quite a steadt crew of skinheads which started in early 69, you still had your original guys from gorton wythenshaw and Langley etc like les Tate, George McGuire, Mark Britney etc but these guys were something else, I’ve witnessed real skirmishes at Newcastle Leeds and notts forest in the early seventies who in fact at forest believe it or not had a big crew of old fashioned greasers with leather studded jackets, City’s fans were very tribal back then unless it came to at Trafford or Leeds, United were all bay city roller types but had far bigger numbers but were easily picked off and not as they were really portrayed to be, citys skinheads were quite cunning levets

City had quite a steadt crew of skinheads which started in early 69, you still had your original guys from gorton wythenshaw and Langley etc like les Tate, George McGuire, Mark Britney etc but these guys were something else, I’ve witnessed real skirmishes at Newcastle Leeds and notts forest in the early seventies who in fact at forest believe it or not had a big crew of old fashioned greasers with leather studded jackets, City’s fans were very tribal back then unless it came to at Trafford or Leeds, United were all bay city roller types but had far bigger numbers but were easily picked off and not as they were really portrayed to be, citys skinheads were quite cunning levets

Some proper lads back in the day Les Cracknel from Langley. Micky Cooper and co
Always a goid crew from Hillock Estate in Whitefield and Prestwich .
Prince of Wales trousers and Doc Martins going halfe way up your legs
Denim jeans soaked in bleach to make them fade quicker .Babe magnets everyone of us (I wish)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.