Manchester City Skinheads

There is only one Les Cracknel
glad he recovering
Some one else will tell the story Chelsea 3rd round Fa Cup v Chelsea Stamford Bridge 1971
News Of The World Loved The Story

Summertime job whilst at school in 71 ,I was told by him in front of other workers and with NOTW in hand bragging about this .I was never sure if it was him until a few years later (Jan 77) watching him in action at Newcastle in F.A.Cup .Crazy day ,players going off because of fighting in Gallowgate end .Awesome fighter

What a day laid waste to everyone on Chester road massive mob they were waiting in piccadilly gardens not for long remember our kid with a police dog attached to him had to laugh must of had the bite marks for months
Ricardo it was crazy but funny, watching them pulling their scarves and flags back in and running up the the stairs of the double decker has the guys converged on them at the lights, they were in full piss take mode then went into a shear panic, I know we lost the game but the memory of that mad 10 minutes will last long on the memory, don’t think they realised we had all left with 15 mins to go

Ricardo it was crazy but funny, watching them pulling their scarves and flags back in and running up the the stairs of the double decker has the guys converged on them at the lights, they were in full piss take mode then went into a shear panic, I know we lost the game but the memory of that mad 10 minutes will last long on the memory, don’t think they realised we had all left with 15 mins to go

How dare you leave early.....

City had quite a steadt crew of skinheads which started in early 69, you still had your original guys from gorton wythenshaw and Langley etc like les Tate, George McGuire, Mark Britney etc but these guys were something else, I’ve witnessed real skirmishes at Newcastle Leeds and notts forest in the early seventies who in fact at forest believe it or not had a big crew of old fashioned greasers with leather studded jackets, City’s fans were very tribal back then unless it came to at Trafford or Leeds, United were all bay city roller types but had far bigger numbers but were easily picked off and not as they were really portrayed to be, citys skinheads were quite cunning levets

Cheers pal. I know those lads, particularly George. He used to travel with the North Manc lads from the Chadderton tavern and the Railway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.