Manchester City V Arsenal pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
chicagoblues said:
Can't wait for the sleeping bag to moan about signing Bony and Lampard .

You telling me he hasn't already? Le Twat is getting slow.

Back to the match, thoughts on Nasri playing? Can't help but feel the mass booing gets to him when we play them and he tends to have a poor game, gets frustrated.

Nasri was great against Arsenal last season at home. It's the away matches where he bottles it because of the boos. I'd start him.

This is going to be a very tough game for us. Without Yaya, we struggle to really dominate possession in midfield and we all know Arsenal can play keep ball. I expect them to score a few times, they'll utilise the pace they have upfront against our relatively slow backline . We're going to need Sergio to shake off his rustiness and Silva firing on all cylinders again to come away with 3 points

jimmygrimblesboots said:
pavelsrnicek said:
From their starting team and subs from the Stoke game I think they may play:

Ospina

Bellerin
Mertersacker
Koscielny
Monreal

Coquelin
Ramsey

Cazorla
Oxlade Chamberlain
Sanchez

Giroud

Depends if they want to risk the two younger players or bring back Chambers at right back, they may bring back Flamini for Coquelin (or Oxlade Chamberlain in they want to go a little more defensive) plus if they want to play on the counter they have Walcott back.

This will be a tough game, Arsenal have done better against us then they do against Chelsea or United. Bit like Everton they have a chip on their shoulders about us. Last season we smashed them as we were flying, the previous season we were poor Gervinho had a stinker, we got our noses in front and conceded a soft equaliser from a corner. The year before we had a narrow 1-0 win and we were hanging on a bit in the end.

Don't forget they stuffed us in the Community Shield.

The first goal is crucial as they will try to hit us on the counter. If we go in front they'll have to change their game plan but they are a good side albeit a little fragile confidence wise. They have some very good players going forward but can be a little shaky at the back and have really struggled to settle their midfield balance.

They "stuffed" our 2nd team in the community shield , and it is one occasion i came away from wembley with a defeat and couldnt give a f*ck , because it meant nowt , it was a day out for the supporters and a chance for us to look at fringe players , But talking to arsenal fans afterwards, they genuinely thought they were nailed on for the premiership , after giving us a "lesson" , stupid shandy drinking tw*ts

The Tarquins were certainly giddy outside Wembley that day......anyway any excuse to post this again

[bigimg]http://therepublikofmancunia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/fanscity.gif[/bigimg]

LoveCity said:
Nasri was great against Arsenal last season at home. It's the away matches where he bottles it because of the boos. I'd start him.

Not read the thread but can't believe anyone would suggest Nasri shouldn't start.

Personally I'd be picking the same team as against Everton but swap in Kun for Jovetic from the start.

Mister Appointment said:
LoveCity said:

Not read the thread but can't believe anyone would suggest Nasri shouldn't start.

Personally I'd be picking the same team as against Everton but swap in Kun for Jovetic from the start.

I think Kompany will probably start too.

Think Kompany is always suspect now to a niggleing injury but if fit i would rather him start & go off after a while rather than come on later he needs to play to get match fit

Ric said:
Mister Appointment said:
LoveCity said:

I think Kompany will probably start too.

Tough call as to who to take out. I think Mangala has excelled in the "big" games he's started but at the same time Demichelis is becoming old faithful/reliable. I'd probably go with youth over experience simply because I think we'll need Mangala's pace and power to deal with Arsenal on the counter.

aguero93:20 said:
Marvin said:
Citygolf said:
I would play Aguero from the start. This time with his injury not being a muscle injury there is less chance of him pulling up with a recurrence of the injury. I know a spell on the sidelines can trigger muscle injuries but that will always be a risk for any player not just Aguero.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us going back to 4-4-2 with Aguero plus Jovetic or Dzeko up top. Nasri/Silva/Fernadinho/Fernando have enough to play against arsenals 5.
2nd half sub against a tiring defence I reckon.

Just our luck that the Arsenal and Chelsea games fall when Toure is out. Could do with getting Aguero back to his best asap, but we can't rush him. I have no idea how long it will take him to get his eye in again. Last season he was playing for a long time at 75% and the injuries seemed to have affected his game. We need him at full power, not the shadow that went to the World Cup

Ha, I think there's a bit more than luck to it tbf.

exactly this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.