Manchester City V Arsenal pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
FredTilson said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Another advantage to us is that their away form is pretty poor.
For some reason, Everton and them always pick their game against us, irrespective of form.

And for some reason it's very important to their fans. The way they celebrated their equaliser and subsequent draw at City a couple of years ago was quite funny. It looked like they had won the league that day lol.

I think we may drop points this weekend.

No Toure and Aguero will not be 100%. Those are big misses for big games.

The job for the next month is to stay within 6 points of Chelsea. By then we'll have a fit Aguero, fingers crossed. Yaya Tore and Bony will also be back, and we should be very strong going into the run-in

Marvin said:
I think we may drop points this weekend.

No Toure and Aguero will not be 100%. Those are big misses for big games.

The job for the next month is to stay within 6 points of Chelsea. By then we'll have a fit Aguero, fingers crossed. Yaya Tore and Bony will also be back, and we should be very strong going into the run-in

I can't help but agree with you. As others have said - Arsenal step up when they play us. The same way Everton do, and did even more so under Moyes – there is a bitterness from the manager right down through to the fans. They normally cause us problems with our pace and Fernando and Fernandinho haven’t really struck a sound partnership as of yet. I’d play Milner to try and stop their pace on the attack.

We’ve got the players to hurt them still but it may be that we have to sit deep and counter which is how we tend to pick them off in games.

Chelsea have a game that would be tough (away at Swansea) it’s less so without Bony playing for them! I think we have to keep the gap within 4points because we will have played Chelsea twice before Yaya and Bony return and before Aguero is fully up to speed. As long as we are within 4-6pts we can catch them in my opinion. We will be even better in the second half of the season. Bony will cause teams a completely different problem and he will hopefully add goals from set pieces and corners that we have been lacking.

Beating Arsenal would be a cracking result and who knows what will happen at Stamford Bridge, I’m 100% sure Pellegrini would be happy with a draw there and Mourinho will be pragmatic too. It’s about time we beat them, we’ve deserved to on most occasions. Pace on the counter might grab us the win. It would be great to be top going into Feb with Aguero getting back to full fitness, Kompany back and Bony and Yaya returning!

Having done all the hard work of closing the eight point gap with many of our major players missing, it would be madness to let that gap grow again. We have to win this. I don't believe Chelsea will fold again this season as they did against spuds. But they will drop points here and there. The two Ferns, Nasri, Silva : I expect us to establish control over the midfield. Then the question is how sharp is Sergio, and can he play a full ninety minutes (doubtful)? Their best man last season, hands down, was Walcott. I'd have been worried if he'd been fully fit. He's back, but he's very rusty after a nine-month lay-off. I'd be astonished if he started.

Doesn't matter when you play Arsenal - they always play a great possession game. Our prime objective has to be, be patient, keep the ball, retain possession, control the game. Do that and we win imho.

Every time we give the ball away, we can expect to not get it back again for minutes and they will use it productively. So for me, Silva and Nasri are first on the team sheet as the best retainers of the ball. Nasri owes us a top performance against Arsenal as well.

Milner, for all his work ethic, gives the ball away too often. If Jovetic starts, he MUST be told he has to retain possession as his first priority, not trying little flicks and hopeful through balls at every opportunity.

If we keep giving the ball away, they will control the game and it will be a long afternoon. That said, we are better than them and I think we will step up, play great football and run out comfortable winners, 3-1 City.

Aguero's in a lot of your teams but is he really able to start?? If the second half of this season turns out like last where he keeps breaking down, this will show very poor management

Jullarkey said:
Aguero's in a lot of your teams but is he really able to start?? If the second half of this season turns out like last where he keeps breaking down, this will show very poor management

Are you suggesting the best striker in the world should be benched?

Tough game, always is. Its matches like these where we really miss the impact Yaya can have but I believe we have more than enough quality to get the 3 points. I'd take a 1-0 win all day long if offered.

Think Jovetic will start but wouldnt be surprised to see MP pull the trigger on a sub for Sergio earlier than his customary 60-65 mins if Stevan isnt getting it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.