Manchester City V Arsenal pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
FromPollockToSilva said:
With Yaya missing, Pellegrini would be well advised to go back and watch some of GPC's Rags' performances against Wenger sides, particularly the later ones where the Rags ceded possession and then absolutely rinsed Arsenal on the counter time and time again. Fernando and Fernandinho would be a great central midfield partnership for that tactic, with Milner and Navas wide and Silva playing behind a striker. Move the ball forward a bit quicker and use the flanks.

Except we're a possession style of side and don't have the fast counter-attack type players for the system United played.

I think we can do fine with our own style and players, even with Yaya missing. It'll probably be a tough game, but I fancy us to win. No guarantees with this one though, they have some players who can really hurt us.

welsh_andy said:
with their defence and ours, this could end up 10-9 :)

As long as, it's 10-9 to us. I'd take that, as it would be a cracking game of football.
Whether it'd be great forward play ot shit defending. Probabaly a bit of both, with
a score like that.

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Demichelis Kolarov
Fernando Fernandinho
Milner Silva Nasri
Aguero

Willy, Sagna, Mangala, Lampard, Navas, Jovetic, Dzeko

City 3-1 Arse

welsh_andy said:
with their defence and ours, this could end up 10-9 :)

Nahh... Kompany is back and will be even more steely and determined to keep a clean sheet.

I think with our 1-1 disappointment at the Dippers poor cousin's place, we will be even more fired up especially with the fact the other players know they have Kompany, Aguero and Silva on the pitch together...

Arsenal gonna get a whooping and Sanchez (unless he gets a free kick) is going to be in Manag/Komps back pockets !

So Thierry Henry is making his Sky debut next Sunday

I wonder who will be the pundit representing City?!?!

Caballero usually gets a game before an FA Cup fixture. Zabaleta will be at RB as Bacary will probably play vs Boro. Kompany should be ready for a place in the starting lineup. Fernando & Fernandinho are the obvious choice in central midfield. Navas & Nasri on the flanks with Silva in the Number 10 role behind Aguero.

Caballero

Zabaleta - Kompany - Mangala - Clichy

Fernandinho - Fernando

Navas - Silva - Nasri

Aguero

IMO that is our strongest team.

City 3 - 2 Arsenal

kun said:
Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Demichelis Kolarov
Fernando Fernandinho
Milner Silva Nasri
Aguero

Willy, Sagna, Mangala, Lampard, Navas, Jovetic, Dzeko

City 3-1 Arse

Kolorov? You have to be kidding surely.

If he plays against these, we will lose.

Kompany back, Aguero back. Mangala out, Jovetic out. Otherwise same team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.