Manchester City V Arsenal pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sergio Picasso Aguero said:
Caballero usually gets a game before an FA Cup fixture. Zabaleta will be at RB as Bacary will probably play vs Boro. Kompany should be ready for a place in the starting lineup. Fernando & Fernandinho are the obvious choice in central midfield. Navas & Nasri on the flanks with Silva in the Number 10 role behind Aguero.

Caballero

Zabaleta - Kompany - Mangala - Clichy

Fernandinho - Fernando

Navas - Silva - Nasri

Aguero

IMO that is our strongest team.

City 3 - 2 Arsenal

Willy is crap,can't keep a clean sheet so far,i will flap for britain if he is in lol

Play the team that beat Roma - away.

Manchester City:
Hart, Zabaleta, Clichy, Demichelis, Mangala, Fernando, Fernandinho, Milner,
Navas (Silva 67), Nasri (Kolarov 89),
Dzeko (Jovetic 78)

Only decision is - Komps for Mangala and our Striker position - Start Jovetic - bring on Aguero(60 mins).
I'll go 2-2.(unfortunately).

I want us to go back to basics in this game, especially defensively because we have conceded 6 goals in the last 4 games, one against a struggling side, two at home to two teams fighting relegation and another from a Championship side at home.

That isn't good enough in my opinion.

For all the slack Arsenal get when playing aguast top sides its unsurprisingly us that they put their best performances in against.

Caballero won't play, no chance.

would love to put another six goals on these arrogant self entitled f*ckers , but with kun and dzeko not match fit , and jovetic not firing , it will be a tight game ,they have also got ramsey and ozil back next week so 1-0 or 2-1 , will be enough . Vinny and MDM to start in the centre of defence , lets go to the chavs with a chance of going top of the league .

karen7 said:
Sergio Picasso Aguero said:
Caballero usually gets a game before an FA Cup fixture. Zabaleta will be at RB as Bacary will probably play vs Boro. Kompany should be ready for a place in the starting lineup. Fernando & Fernandinho are the obvious choice in central midfield. Navas & Nasri on the flanks with Silva in the Number 10 role behind Aguero.

Caballero

Zabaleta - Kompany - Mangala - Clichy

Fernandinho - Fernando

Navas - Silva - Nasri

Aguero

IMO that is our strongest team.

City 3 - 2 Arsenal

Willy is crap,can't keep a clean sheet so far,i will flap for britain if he is in lol

Clean sheets are not just down to the keeper its about the defence aswell. I am yet to see him make a mistake that lead to one of the goals he has conceded. Whereas Joe has made 3 big mistakes in his last 3 games (West Brom, Burnley, Everton) which have cost us points and last season he made countless errors that almost cost us the title. Without his mistakes in the first half of last season we would have absolutely walked the league. Hart does make the odd good save but so do pretty much all Premier League goalkeepers. Its no use making a brilliant save and then making a mistake in the same game that costs you points. He has made just as many mistakes as Mingolet at Liverpool this season but the English media ignore it because of his nationality. Hart is not a top class keeper and if he wasn't English he would have been sold by now. Caballero's distribution is miles ahead of Hart's who just kicks it out of play at every goal kick which surrenders possession. When he was at Malaga, Caballero was a brilliant shot stopper. The only reason he looks a bit rusty is because hes not playing regularly, if he was given a run in the team you would see just how average Joe is and that Caballero is a far better keeper.

citykev28 said:
chaddblue said:
So Thierry Henry is making his Sky debut next Sunday

I wonder who will be the pundit representing City?!?!

It won't be Mike Summerbee. They banned him after he spoke his mind at the swamp that time.

It will be nobody. Maybe Quinn as he played for both teams... But I wouldn't hold my breath

chaddblue said:
citykev28 said:
chaddblue said:
So Thierry Henry is making his Sky debut next Sunday

I wonder who will be the pundit representing City?!?!

It won't be Mike Summerbee. They banned him after he spoke his mind at the swamp that time.

It will be nobody. Maybe Quinn as he played for both teams... But I wouldn't hold my breath

Niall Quinn to give his amazing unbiased assessment

Paulpowersleftfoot said:
chaddblue said:
citykev28 said:

Niall Quinn to give his amazing unbiased assessment

That is classic Sky isnt it?
I'm not even sure he's that great a pundit; thought he was average at best on the world cup last summer; niggly, argumentative but not particularly insightful.

With Jovetic playing as he is, lets go back to Milner up front for this one if Edin's not up to starting (assuming he's still here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.