Manchester City V Arsenal pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chippy_boy said:
If ever we needed a man of the match performance from little Merlin, this is it.

The three most crucial players for this game are Yaya, Merlin and Nasri imho and we are without 2 of them. But Merlin can run the show all on his own at times, like the 2nd half of the Liverpool away game last season when he was just utterly ridiculous.

Come on Merlin, we need you! (Again.)

I dont think Nasri will ever be more crucial than Aguero or Kompany

I find it incredible the amount of injuries we have had this season. Where as Chelsea who have played more games have come out relatively unscathed.

proy said:
I think demi will start this. Everyone is going with the mangler but with kompany fit, and in such a big game, the understanding him and demi have will swing it I reckon.
I agree, and also because Mangala has played most games recently. I think we'll go with Jovetic instead of Milner as we are at home.

Hart
Zab Kompany Demichelis Clichy
Fernandhino Fernando
Navas Jovetic
Silva
Aguero

Manchester_lalala said:
Chippy_boy said:
CrownPointBlue said:
Over the course of the last two seasons how many times have Kun,Merlin,Vincent,Yaya & Samir started & completed a game together ??

As a betting man, I'd go with never?

I think last season, them 5 only played togethor 10 times in the league.

I'd be amazed if it was that many. They all started on the opening day last season but then Kompany went off injured

They all start V Everton away last season but then Aguero got injured.

robbieh said:
For me Jovetic is not a striker, and while not protective of the ball like Nasri he is a lot more direct. It's his chance.

Play him in Nasri's position. With two Ferns being a bit more defensive than when Yaya is playing we can soak up Arsenal pressure then get the ball forward to Silva, Navas, Jovetic and Kun as soon as.

Lampard, Milner on the bench. Although if Edin is out we may need to keep Jovetic on the bench. In this case Milner starts.
You are spot on but what about if we play Silva in Samir position and Jovetic behind Aguero.
Fernandihno-Lampard
Navas- Jovetic- Silva
Aguero

Maverickblue said:
You are spot on but what about if we play Silva in Samir position and Jovetic behind Aguero.
Fernandihno-Lampard
Navas- Jovetic- Silva
Aguero

I think it's worth a try! After all it's more like Jovetic's natural position, although he can also play on the left wing. But I would start Nando instead of Lamps and bring on Lamps for Jov later.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Maverickblue said:
Fernandihno-Lampard
Navas- Jovetic- Silva
Aguero

I think it's worth a try! After all it's more like Jovetic's natural position, although he can also play on the left wing. But I would start Nando instead of Lamps and bring on Lamps for Jov later.
I was thinking in Lampard arriving late to the box.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
Anything on serg? He's a loss but it makes pellers decision more easy now with milner and navas on the wings silva playing the no10 will make us more solid!

I agree with this, although a lot of emphasis now falls on Fernandinho to be the ball player, as Milner doesn't have it in him.

I would have expected the line-up to be more cautious in the big games against Arsenal and Chelsea, regardless.

If anything, the game against Boro becomes the biggest problem.

We would have defo rotated one of Silva and Nasri. We will have no ball player in the pitch with Yaya also away.

That game becomes a very close one to call.

I'd love to see us give Barker a go out wide as he is an unknown quantity and I don't think they could cope with him running at the defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.