Manchester City V Aston Villa pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see anything but a straight 3-0 win, good first half, contained second, we have played well the last few games I do wish people would have a bit more confidence

Frank the Yank said:
Anyone know whom the ref will be?? Dont want to see that Mr Magoo lookalike anywhere neat Manchester. Hell, even if he is the 4th official I could well see a Dipper sniper at the top of The Etihad!!
Michael Oliver.

Ducado said:
I can't see anything but a straight 3-0 win, good first half, contained second, we have played well the last few games I do wish people would have a bit more confidence

Pretty sure after leading 3-0 Liverpoolfans and players got a bit overexcited, no?

You only have to look at our results this season, circumstances aside, to suggest anything could happen. As the game moves closer the uncertainty (nerves) take over from expectations and hope. QPR two years ago ...

Either way, Villa first and all I want to see after 90+ minutes is us being top on points, not on goaldifference.

simon23 said:
The result doesnt really change too much. I think we still need to win both games to make sure as I think West ham will come for a draw,

Vila with their pace (agbonlahour delph and wiseman) can cause us problems on the break so we have to be disciplined.

Get yaya silva and aguero back on the pitch and it gives us a good chance however.
Sorry to be pernickety but it makes a big difference. A win and a draw will suffice in our last two games as opposed to having to win both. How does that not "really change too much".
Agbonlahour is injured by the way.

eversince 76 said:
Ducado said:

Pretty sure after leading 3-0 Liverpoolfans and players got a bit overexcited, no?

You only have to look at our results this season, circumstances aside, to suggest anything could happen. As the game moves closer the uncertainty (nerves) take over from expectations and hope. QPR two years ago ...

Either way, Villa first and all I want to see after 90+ minutes is us being top on points, not on goaldifference.

We have lost once at home and drawn once (in the league) so what results are you talking about?

Len Rum said:
simon23 said:
The result doesnt really change too much. I think we still need to win both games to make sure as I think West ham will come for a draw,

Vila with their pace (agbonlahour delph and wiseman) can cause us problems on the break so we have to be disciplined.

Get yaya silva and aguero back on the pitch and it gives us a good chance however.
Sorry to be pernickety but it makes a big difference. A win and a draw will suffice in our last two games as opposed to having to win both. How does that not "really change too much".
Agbonlahour is injured by the way.

aston villa have more players out injured than any other team in the prem.

it must help our cause a tadge.

Ducado said:

I also think 3-0....they have no Benteke or Agbonlahor

This is far from over. Last night was Liverpool's chance to go ahead into the final game and they have done. Whatever they did last night which they seem to think lost them the league, it did not change anything.. They are still 1 point ahead and we still cannot to lose tomorrow. We can draw but if we draw it is completely equal going into the last game. The only good thing to come out of last night was that it is now more or less impossible for them to catch up on goal difference, the odds are massively in our favour but it is still us who can throw it away, nothing changed last night.

If we somehow lost tomorrow though then we ourselves have blown it much greater than Liverpool did last night. This is our game in hand, our Crystal Palace and we need to respond with 3 points. We need an ultra professional performance in this game, it doesn't matter how it happens but we need to make sure we take 3 points. A point isn't bad but it invites pressure onto ourselves going into the West Ham game and if they are backs against the walls and it's 0-0 with 10 minutes to go...... If we can beat Villa then we just need a point against West Ham and that should see us over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.