Manchester City V Aston Villa pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remember Blues...The fat lady hasnt sung just yet..Her alarm has gone off and shes having breakfast of coffee and croissants..she's not read the sports pages yet...but she will do.!! :)

Tune in for the next exciting episode tomorrow...

Very dangerous to ever go into a game with "a point will do", even at the back of your mind.

Must approach both games with the same must-win determination we showed away at Palace and Everton.

making me ill this season!should be well happy with last nights result ,but villa and west ham still worry me!both lambert and fat sam are cunts!both would love to ruin it for us!

I've been....errrrr.......fortunate enough to be invited to Villa's last two home games. They really are a poor side, as they were when I saw them beat us earlier this season. They are completely lacking in physical presence without Benteke.

Contrary to widely received wisdom I believe this is the easier of the two remaining games.

4-0.

Chippy_boy said:
Very dangerous to ever go into a game with "a point will do", even at the back of your mind.

Must approach both games with the same must-win determination we showed away at Palace and Everton.

Who are you (and the others) talking to? I am sure the team and the club know exactly what is expected

Everyone will be up for this, the players and the fans. We all know what is required and we will get it.

Awfully concerned that the task at hand appears to be getting easier by the day. But what we could have is 2 QPR games. Tense, nervous affairs in which the pressure affects the players and sort of paralyses them, just like QPR. And at the end of the day, they are still 1 point clear at the top, so this whole idea they've thrown it away doesn't wash with me.

Last night relieved some stress at the time, but in the cold light of day it was akin to a home team scoring in the second leg of a previously goalless chumps league tie. We still have to go out with the mentality to win our next matches. We knew that before and we should still realise that now.

When we've scored first we've sometimes really struggled to get the second and this get stung.

Alternatively when we go behind first we seem more likely to score and win.

But then I think of the Wigan game - my biggest disappointment of the season.

So we need to get 2 early goals IMO so that we are comfortable. Obvious I know :-) Cone on City !!!!!

inbetween said:
This is far from over. Last night was Liverpool's chance to go ahead into the final game and they have done. Whatever they did last night which they seem to think lost them the league, it did not change anything.. They are still 1 point ahead and we still cannot to lose tomorrow. We can draw but if we draw it is completely equal going into the last game. The only good thing to come out of last night was that it is now more or less impossible for them to catch up on goal difference, the odds are massively in our favour but it is still us who can throw it away, nothing changed last night.

If we somehow lost tomorrow though then we ourselves have blown it much greater than Liverpool did last night. This is our game in hand, our Crystal Palace and we need to respond with 3 points. We need an ultra professional performance in this game, it doesn't matter how it happens but we need to make sure we take 3 points. A point isn't bad but it invites pressure onto ourselves going into the West Ham game and if they are backs against the walls and it's 0-0 with 10 minutes to go...... If we can beat Villa then we just need a point against West Ham and that should see us over the line.
I think we need to give you guys 'it did not change anything' brigade a bit of semantic leeway.
It changed things a lot, but yes we still have to go out and do the business against Villa and West Ham, that's clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.