Manchester City v Celtic post match thread

Having watched the match live last night, then gone to bed for a long rest and rumination on the outing, and woken up to the new light of day to give a fresh perspective on our performance…

I say #PepOut!

Might be a daft question, but how did Phillips look in the half he played?
I was really hoping he could start afresh and be the player we thought we had bought. Unfortunately, he didn't look even up to last nights standard. Don't think he would even get into that Celtic team.

I was really hoping he could start afresh and be the player we thought we had bought. Unfortunately, he didn't look even up to last nights standard. Don't think he would even get into that Celtic team.
That's a shame, like you i was really hoping he could have a good pre season and at least offer an option for us if we need it.

Considering it was our first pre-season game, and Celtic's fourth, plus the fact that we started with only four senior players (Lewis and Bobb notwithstanding) I thought we gave them a run for their money.

Oscar and Rico were the pick of the City lads, but most of them put in good performances, and as we all know, pre-season is not about results; it’s all about fitness.

We'll obviously be stronger with Gvardiol and Kovačić in New York, and the others, who have been on international duty will continue that as and when they join the squad.

All in all, a decent run out.

Just out of interest, what was the crowd, and was it mainly City fans?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.