Manchester City v Celtic post match thread

Looks like City played well in possession and created lots of chances but were caught badly without the ball because our back four had an average age of about 13. Fair enough. Fitness first.

Just watched the highlights and was very impressed with Bobb, I hope Pep starts giving him a lot more game time this year. I'm not arsed about the result, not bothered with friendlies,they are played for a reason, that being fitness. It was good to have a good strong side give 100% against us. I also had a few quid on Celtic at 21-10 because they're so much in front of us in their pre season and hammered DC Utd a few days ago, so a decent bet. :) P.S in 4 or 5 weeks we'd destroy em 6-0.

We are not as bad as some make out. I thought we played well, pressed well and scored good goals. Kasper was great which is a relief and we still haven’t brought in any additional outfield players yet. If we do, always a worry at us. Happy with the performance and intensity levels. Hopefully bring in another five players and give us a hope of putting up a better fight in the CL.
CL....ha ha ha ha fucking ha !!

Just out of interest, what was the crowd, and was it mainly City fans?
I would say that the majority of it was City, though there was a considerable Celtic following in attendance too.

You will have to take that with a pinch of salt, as it wasn’t easy to judge watching on TV.

Might be a daft question, but how did Phillips look in the half he played?
Same as he has before, unfortunately. Jobs around the pitch, which isn't a bad thing in itself but there are moments when you need to run and some level of positional awareness is needed. He's not making it at City, really needs to use this time to get himself a good move for his career because on this showing he's gonna struggle.

What sort of price were they charging Q.
As of Thursday, when I checked the top four ticket sellers sites (as we were having a discussion about it in the US Tour thread), the cheapest tickets available were around $100 (~£75).

only seen the highlights. did we play without a lb in the first half or how was celtic able to run us down that side with minimal effort?

Might be a daft question, but how did Phillips look in the half he played?
Just watched the first half and thought The Pathetic headlining "Phillips Struggles" in their report is as I suspected yet another piece of cartel propaganda - why any City fan pays to read this redshirt fanzine is a mystery to me. Phillips was unexceptional but no more so than the rest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.