Manchester City v Celtic post match thread

The result is meaningless, but what is it with Pep and his system, all of Celtic goals were from the wide-open left of defence, I would say a large percentage of the goals we conceded last season was just like last night's game

If we have to build a team for the Community Shield vs the Scum out of this squad I fear the united wankfest in the media for weeks

They’re just a sad group of fuckers desperately trying to be relevant.
Are we fuck. We know where we are in the grand scheme, but I bet you thought you were going to hammer us, hence the snarks. You seem a lot sadder fucker than I do this morning. Thought the same when we played you in the CL and you couldn’t beat us then either. No **** is sad, we are just trying to improve. We played some good stuff and scored good goals, to acknowledge that seems beyond you. That’s fucking sad mate. You owned that.

Callum has been nothing but excellent in his extended loan spells (wasn't he player of the year at Cov?) He has real class and the games I have seen (admittedly on TV) he can really pick a pass - I was hoping we would have a team with both Doyles, MaCatee, Lewis, Palmer, Foden and Bobb in it one day...alas...
Callum Doyle has flown under the radar for many.

He's been superb on his loans and has a lot of first team experience of 'mens' football in a relentless division.

We are covered with CBs but I wouldn't like to see him sold....he's got a good future !!

Agreed re Bobb. Looking good. Thought our young ones had a lot of possession against a team who are way ahead of us in terms of preparation for the new season. And their 4th goal looked offside to me
Yeah it was hard to tell but defo looked borderline offside. That left hand side seemed to be where all the problems came from and must be so difficult for any of the kids coming into that setup, high line and Pep no doubt asking them to do things they really aren't used to.

Great experience for them, but realistically other than Bobb, Lewis and maybe Mcatee, none of those kids will be anywhere near the first team this season and probably most will be out on loan.

Reactions: CC1
I can see Bobb getting more of Bernie's minutes this season. Plays a similar role and it would make sense to start preparing Oscar to take over that role for the future.

No doubt Bobb is a nailed-on first teamer now for us. Think Susoho and Wright could have a shot at making it at City if they get good loans and keep improving.

McAtee is on the bubble as well. Not sure if he's good enough to make it here or not but wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot this season.
Pep has long been an admirer of McAtee. My guess is he’ll be in the first team squad this season, having got a full season on loan last year. Could sub for any midfield attacker in the middle.

Are we fuck. We know where we are in the grand scheme, but I bet you thought you were going to hammer us, hence the snarks. You seem a lot sadder fucker than I do this morning. Thought the same when we played you in the CL and you couldn’t beat us then either. No **** is sad, we are just trying to improve. We played some good stuff and scored good goals, to acknowledge that seems beyond you. That’s fucking sad mate. You owned that.
Don't shoot the messenger. Its what Celtic's dedicated TV channel said, the issue lies with them, not everyone involved with Celtic had Celtic's best interests at heart.

Last edited:
You know what pal, I went into the game not giving a fuck about hammering Celtic. It’s a friendly… it’s our first friendly of the season. Thanks for just making my point for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.