Manchester City v Celtic post match thread

It’s hard to judge the team on a meaningless friendly. I was impressed by Mcatee at times, a player who I think has all the talent to be a city player. My worry is he’ll end up like palmer, where as I’d rather we gave him a chance.

Pre season is pretty funny for us these days.
In the last 2/3 years teams really do treat these friendly games against us like cup finals.

We saw with Arsenal and Liverpool fans nearly crying with happiness when they beat us in the charity shield. We have mentally destroyed these clubs fans over the years.

Celtic are near the end of their pre season and played nearly their best team.

We’ll probably lose all our games but who cares. Get minutes in the legs, slowly get everyone back at the right time fully rested, promote the club in the US and just get ready for Chelsea.

It’s highly likely the rags will beat us and we’ll bizarrely see everyone write us off, yet in May we’ll be celebrating 5 in a row and the others will all be in crisis again.

It’s hard to judge the team on a meaningless friendly. I was impressed by Mcatee at times, a player who I think has all the talent to be a city player. My worry is he’ll end up like palmer, where as I’d rather we gave him a chance.
I am among the few on here who have consistently banged on about McAtee being the lone player our academy has produced that has a similar skill set and approach to the game to El Mago (I am not claiming the same talent, mind).

Which is why I have desperately wanted to see him given a squad role so he can play in the Bernardo role in some games to see if he could perform at the level required.

I hope he is given his chance this season, but I am not sure he will be.

My concern is that we are not developing good defenders in the academy. Rico Lewis exception who let’s be honest has practically played midfield. Can’t think of any we’ve developed.

Minutes in legs and overall an eye opener for some of the young lads.

JWE & Mbete won’t cut it. Nonetheless, one can hope that this serves as motivation for them. By their own standards, they’d have been disappointed. Doyle showed why he was highly regarded when he was called up to the EDS. Composed. Regarding Phillips, his positioning in the first half didn’t allow Ortega to find an out ball. Still feels like it doesn’t click for him. As he dons the shirt of City, you never want to see a player fail.

Bobb with a goal and 2 assists was really good. I believe he has a future at City. McAtee is talented but you can tell he’s not used to being in a City first team. Nonetheless, more to come.

O’Reilly has alway been able to find space and makes good runs as seen a few times in the first half but he would’ve realised that he can’t just dribble as he pleases or hold onto it in grown men’s football. He’s had a few bad injuries in the past couple of months. Nonetheless, he has a glimpse of what it’s like now.

Peronne could make it at City. Has the intelligence and skills to do it. Susoho was unruffled. Calm under pressure which I wanted to see from Phillips. Wright also very assured in his passing and kept looking around him and directing from deep. Lewis won’t be a RB at City. If that is his future, I’d be surprised. He found good spaces in the midfield in the second half. Great on the half turn.

Jack looked lively. Some good passes in the final 3rd in the first half. Ndala is a live wire. Still looks as exciting to watch as in the youth set up. Still has more developing to do. Haaland had some really good link up play. Made a few runs where he wasn’t found but looks focused. Took his goal well.

Some of the other lads were just about decent. They’ll definitely need loans or will possibly get sold. Nonetheless, they all got a work out in against opposition they’ll normally not play.

I watched on celtic tv and that’s exactly what the commentator said.
Are they claiming to be English Champions yet? They'll be claiming that this is proof that they and Rangers would hold their own in the EPL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.