Manchester City v Celtic post match thread

Jokes about #PepOut aside, the one real criticism I would levy at last night has nothing to do with the team performance (it was as expected in my mind, and I thought the young lads did fairly well, given the circumstances) and everything to do with the amateurishness of the overall production of the match.

From the prematch coverage (including truly uncomfortable to watch interviews with local fans) to the half-empty stadium (partly due to it being too big for the nature of the match, partly due to the less-than-ideal location for putting on a football match, and partly due to the overpriced tickets) to the sod turf over tarp over Astro turf pitch laid a week ago to pitch mics picking up constant booing of our players (particularly Grealish) on the match broadcast to the truly awful commentators on ESPN that couldn’t even get our players’ names right (and the co-commentator using words like “helper” to describe an assist) to the very difficult to watch post-match interviews, I do hope the club take stock of how badly it was produced. I said in the match thread it reminded of some of the friendlies we had in the late 90s where everything looked to have been arranged the day before.

Most of it was no doubt out of City’s hands and down to the “FC Series” organisers but I don’t think it was a worthy showcase of the club, which is the main point of this sort of friendly, so hopefully Soriano et al take note and avoid this in the future. Or at least give a kick up the arse of the organisers to do better in the future.

Hopefully the next match in NYC will be put on with substantially more polish and professionalism.
I didn’t mind the British main commentator, but the American co-commentator was abysmal.

Nearly everyone who lives in Boston
Haha, you beat me to it.

Any time you are in a pub in Boston that is showing football (literally any match in any league or competition) you have a 50% chance of finding at least one person wearing a Celtic shirt and one person wearing a Liverpool shirt (if you go enough, you’ll often see the same person wearing one and then the other on different days).

The Banshee, the official MCFC Supporter’s Club pub in Boston (Dorchester), always had at least one on match days!

My concern is that we are not developing good defenders in the academy. Rico Lewis exception who let’s be honest has practically played midfield. Can’t think of any we’ve developed.
In our first team? Not gonna be trusted but we have players all over the top leagues that came through.

I didn’t mind the British main commentator, but the American co-commentator was abysmal.
I actually muted the commentary about 70 minutes in because I couldn’t take any more.

Him calling Ndala “Susoho” for the fifth time was the final straw.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.