Manchester City v Celtic post match thread

My post had nothing to do with the result (as I said in the post and many times elsewhere) and everything to do with the amateurish production of the match, including the standard of the referees, which many that actually attended the match have agreed was the case.

Why comment if you aren’t even going to read the post you are replying to?
If I picked you up wrong, my apologies

If I picked you up wrong, my apologies
Cheers. I was really just going on about how the entire affair was very unprofessional—I thought Celtic played well, aside from the kicking our players at the end, but that is, again, down to the very poor standard of the referee allowing it, which was just one of many issues with production quality. I thought our lads did well given the circumstance and the result was generally fair, thought I do maintain one of Celtic’s goals were offside and we should have had at least one penalty. That’s again down to the refereeing, though. And it ultimately doesn’t matter as it seems no one was injured and everyone got a good run out.

My only real problem was the club allowing such a shabby showcase to be put on. I don’t think it reflected well on either side from a marketing or brand perspective, which is the main purpose of these tours.

I hope tomorrow’s match is put on with far more professionalism and polish.

Cheers. I was really just going on about how the entire affair was very unprofessional—I thought Celtic played well, aside from the kicking our players at the end, but that is, again, down to the very poor standard of the referee allowing it, which was just one of many issues with production quality. I thought our lads did well given the circumstance and the result was generally fair, thought I do maintain one of Celtic’s goals were offside and we should have had at least one penalty. That’s again down to the refereeing, though. And it ultimately doesn’t matter as it seems no one was injured and everyone got a good run out.

My only real problem was the club allowing such a shabby showcase to be put on. I don’t think it reflected well on either side from a marketing or brand perspective, which is the main purpose of these tours.

We are not a dirty team. The incidents you are on about involved Kwon. He was out on loan last year and was a tad enthusiastic to make an impression. I thought our goals, especially the second and third were well executed. I was worried. I know the results are not important, but getting a hiding, or playing as bad as we did last pre season, wouid have set our nerves on nuclear. Our board are messing about as usual and we are anxious as they have form of not pressing ahead when we have all the cards and money. Anyway, no harm done and on we both go , hopefully to a couple of trebles.

We are not a dirty team. The incidents you are on about involved Kwon. He was out on loan last year and was a tad enthusiastic to make an impression. I thought our goals, especially the second and third were well executed. I was worried. I know the results are not important, but getting a hiding, or playing as bad as we did last pre season, wouid have set our nerves on nuclear. Our board are messing about as usual and we are anxious as they have form of not pressing ahead when we have all the cards and money. Anyway, no harm done and on we both go , hopefully to a couple of trebles.

Either way congrats on the win mate, every shot seemed to go in the net and we deserved to lose the friendly.

Y'all looked amazing against our teenagers. Congrats!

I rewatched the match last night and that's about what we usually get production-wise from ESPN when they show FA Cup matches in the US.

Not sure we're going to see much change in the other FC Series matches, though you may have more fans in the stands at the bigger metro areas.

There indeed was a large group of Celtic fans sitting in the same section behind their goal in the first half as was noticed in the stands and heard on the broadcast. Being near the mic made it clear on both cheers and their desire to simply boo Grealish whenever he had possession. Whatever, the latter is on them.

No reason that City couldn't have done the same, but there wasn't a concerted obvious section for that and most of the City fans were there to cheer on our team, especially the well-known players for obvious reasons.

Boo fucking hoo. We deserved to win. Get over it. And it wasn’t offside. Anyway, I hope you win against the Italians.
you might of deserved to win, but you played mostly city kids not the 1st team which celtic did have, i only saw 15 mins but city should of had a pen after you scored a offside goal

you might of deserved to win, but you played mostly city kids not the 1st team which celtic did have, i only saw 15 mins but city should of had a pen after you scored a offside goal
I take your point. We didn’t have our defence. I was just happy how we pressed. How we moved the hall under your press and the goals. Big Kasper looked great and I always liked him. My main worry was, we would be slow and ponderous, as we started last pre season and continued it until February. Even writing that made me reach for my revolver. I also was delighted to beat you. Your players are young, but they are brilliant. If you’re good enough etc.

It was a morale boost, when the whole support are fucking raging, at our board of useless cunts. The time they are taking to bring in players, we knew we needed last summer. Just as well for them, I am not a Supreme Leader, or they would be stranded on an island in the South Pacific, with nothing more than a couple of spoons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.