Manchester City v Celtic post match thread

I think the US based city fans are being cheated, given the European championships, there was no way they were going to see the real City team, they are being short changed and ripped off.
And none of the US based fans were aware of this until last week, of course...... (shakes head)
It is the same scenario when City came here straight after the 2018 World Cup and where ever we toured after the 2021 Euros too.
I'm in the Tampa Bay Blues and we all bought tickets for the Barca game in Orlando before last season ended and every single one of us was aware the big guns would be absent.

Callum Doyle has flown under the radar for many.

He's been superb on his loans and has a lot of first team experience of 'mens' football in a relentless division.

We are covered with CBs but I wouldn't like to see him sold....he's got a good future !!
He will be sold then lol!

When we have squad full of top internationals that have just played in 2 major international tournaments that's understandable as they need a rest.

They'll get the full throttle city at The Club World cup and we will go balls out to win it to boil national piss whilst the rest of the world reveres us.
I think all of our players played in Euros or Copa (Haaland and Grealish aside) be better not having Int'l football. Proper rest..then a late pr season tour with top players working on new systems etc in front of fans.. Players must get mentally fatigued as well as physically. It's not like our jobs where we just have to plough on, they have to be creative, inspired, energised to play well...can't do that 50 weeks in a year..something has to give

They’re just a sad group of fuckers desperately trying to be relevant.
That's a bit harsh pal..they are a football club doing their best! This arrogance is new to me as a long standing blue. We used to be self deprecating, enjoyed the games, had a laugh..now we have some of this!! We struggle against Celtic first team or not usually

That's a bit harsh pal..they are a football club doing their best! This arrogance is new to me as a long standing blue. We used to be self deprecating, enjoyed the games, had a laugh..now we have some of this!! We struggle against Celtic first team or not usually
Correct. I was at Celtic park for the 3-3 draw champions league match,a crazy 90 mins ..and a crazy 24 hours in Glasgow.
Survived it tho.

When we have squad full of top internationals that have just played in 2 major international tournaments that's understandable as they need a rest.

They'll get the full throttle city at The Club World cup and we will go balls out to win it to boil national piss whilst the rest of the world reveres us.
Restrict the number of players released for the first two international breaks.

Ask the players to request dispensation.

Walker,Stones,Foden,Rodri,Alvarez,Akanji,KdB,Doc,Bernard,Ruben etc should all be on holiday resting/recovering.

They all need to be in peak condition physically & mentally for the January charge for our fifth title and CL.

My post from the post-match thread sums them up:

Edit: I somehow forgot to mention the officials who were truly woeful, ignoring three penalties for us (two pretty clear ones, the first of which should have seen the Celtic player sent off for DOGSO), one of their goals being given despite being miles offside, numerous wrong decisions for throw ins, and letting the Celtic players continually kick ours (especially toward the end) with nary a stern word.

It’s only a friendly, but add this with all the other issues, and it really made the game feel like an American SoccerAid at times, but with even less polish.
Boo fucking hoo. We deserved to win. Get over it. And it wasn’t offside. Anyway, I hope you win against the Italians.

Boo fucking hoo. We deserved to win. Get over it. And it wasn’t offside. Anyway, I hope you win against the Italians.

Having difficulty believing that people really take the results of these pre-season warm-up games seriously, apart from the club accountants, obviously.

Having difficulty believing that people really take the results of these pre-season warm-up games seriously, apart from the club accountants, obviously.
My post had nothing to do with the result (as I said in the post and many times elsewhere) and everything to do with the amateurish production of the match, including the standard of the referees, which many that actually attended the match have agreed was the case.

Why comment if you aren’t even going to read the post you are replying to?

I think the US based city fans are being cheated, given the European championships, there was no way they were going to see the real City team, they are being short changed and ripped off.
The bottom line is none of us here are complaining.

As MES noted, we all knew the deal earlier this spring when we bought our tickets. We knew about Euros and Copa and saw last year's preseason squads with the team looking at the younger talent to see who's ready and who needs work on loan elsewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.