Manchester City v Celtic post match thread

Had the game been played in Boston or NY, there would have been 3 times the crowd there (if not more) and City would have been heavily outnumbered, as obviously the population is far greater than in North Carolina but also the plastic paddies would have been out in force. The fact St Patrick's Day is a huge day in many, many countries around the world (especially in the US) tells you how big Celtic's fan base is too around the world, not necessarily because they are football fans (most won't be) but because it is an extension of their plastic Irishness. Support by association.
Some of them are actually Irish. Just keeping you right. Most consider ourselves Scottish, apart from those born of Irish parents, which is natural. Most of us and certainly my son’s ages, it’s grand father, great grandfather time span.

We are proud of our roots though, why not. We built a club to help feed those poor Irish who came to live in Glasgow. They weren’t immigrants, Ireland was part of Britain then, don’t forget. They arrived to a hostile anti catholic city. Forever we were up against the Establishment club. They had the worse slums, the worst jobs, zero power. But their team could fucking take them all on and beat them. A population of under 600,000 desperately poor people created Glasgow Celtic. We have been up against it, but we never give in and we have scaled the heights in Lisbon and have now equaled the number of Trophy’s of Rangers and will overtake them this season, We are richer than them by about £200m. We have the largest capacity in Scotiand. We have a massive fan base. I don’t give a single fuck about the size of anybody else’s, good luck to them. I do know, we are a force.

Carry on. Enjoying this thread. You cunts are alright.

Last edited:
Some of them are actually Irish. Just keeping you right.
You are most likely correct. My experience, the past 13 years, is blinded by Afro American's, Puerto Rican's and Mexican's all out and about on 17th March, wearing green shirts with a Leprechaun hat, drinking Guinness and shouting ''top of the morning to ya''.

To misquote David Bowie
"We can be Irish, just for one day...."

Last edited:
Some of them are actually Irish. Just keeping you right. Most consider ourselves Scottish, apart from those born of Irish parents, which is natural. Most of us and certainly my son’s ages, it’s grand father, great grandfather time span.

We are proud of our roots though, why not. We built a club to help feed those poor Irish who came to live in Glasgow. They weren’t immigrants, Ireland was part of Britain then, don’t forget. They arrived to a hostile anti catholic city. Forever we were up against the Establishment club. They had the worse skins, the worst jobs, zero power. But their team could fucking take them all on and beat them. A population of under 600,000 desperately poor people created Glasgow Celtic. We have been up against it, but we never give in and we have scaled the heights in Lisbon and have now equaled the number of Trophy’s of Rangers and will overtake them this season, We are richer than them by about £200m. We have the largest capacity in Scotiand. We have a massive fan base. I don’t give a single fuck about the size of anybidy else’s, good luck to them. I do know, we are a force.

Took hibs to the. cleaners. When you were formed as well.
Up there with any European Cup win IMHO.

We are proud of our roots though, why not. We built a club to help feed those poor Irish who came to live in Glasgow. They weren’t immigrants, Ireland was part of Britain then, don’t forget. They arrived to a hostile anti catholic city. Forever we were up against the Establishment club. They had the worse skins, the worst jobs, zero power. But their team could fucking take them all on and beat them. A population of under 600,000 desperately poor people created Glasgow Celtic. We have been up against it, but we never give in and we have scaled the heights in Lisbon and have now equaled the number of Trophy’s of Rangers and will overtake them this season, We are richer than them by about £200m. We have the largest capacity in Scotiand. We have a massive fan base. I don’t give a single fuck about the size of anybidy else’s, good luck to them. I do know, we are a force.

Strange that Scotland politically has changed so much that now it’s Rangers who have to fight against the establishment club,

Strange that Scotland politically has changed so much that now it’s Rangers who have to fight against the establishment club,
Tell yourself that if you must. Just another fucking excuse for you being under our heel for 25 years. Soon to be 26.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.