Manchester City v Chelsea in Ohio - Post Match Thread

Did we still look leggy
I didn't think so. It was our pressing that Chelsea couldn't cope with.
The team that started last night will probably be the one that starts against utd as long as Rico and Wilson Esbrand are fit. I doubt that we will win but will give them a good game.
I think that McAtee, Esbrand, O'Reilly and obviously Bobb will be in the first team squad this season.
My money is on Pep being in Abu Dhabi during the international break to sign a new deal. The guy loves it there's no way he's walking away from this.

I didn't think so. It was our pressing that Chelsea couldn't cope with.
The team that started last night will probably be the one that starts against utd as long as Rico and Wilson Esbrand are fit. I doubt that we will win but will give them a good game.
I think that McAtee, Esbrand, O'Reilly and obviously Bobb will be in the first team squad this season.
My money is on Pep being in Abu Dhabi during the international break to sign a new deal. The guy loves it there's no way he's walking away from this.
It was dig at some podcast arsenal I think predicted they'd win leg after 1 pre season friendly cause we looked leggy ha ha
The money arsenal have spent they should have it won by Easter

Pep looks ready to go again this season. Getting to work with some of these talented youngsters we have has really put fire in his belly, I think he misses that, I mean how do you coach our big players anymore, they already know the system they know what Pep wants. It’s gonna be interesting to see if Pep gives us a new playing style despite not having time to work with the first team.

Last edited:
Yep, Just laying turf on top of plastic sheeting is daft and dangerous to players
it needs sorting out before the World Club trophy next summer, stadiums in the US that use natural grass must be chosen to play on
There's only 4 of the 10 planned of the big US stadiums that currently qualify (KC, Miami, Philly, and San Fran) that have permanent natural grass now.

All 6 of the others are undergoing adding natural grass to their stadium and is being closely monitored by FIFA. The best article I've seen discussing this is here:

I don't want anyone to be under the illusion that there are lots of bigger stadiums that already have the grass surface needed by FIFA, because that's simply not the case. 6 of 10 are planned to have to change, and apparently not permanently either.

I was at MB stadium in Atlanta last year for the doubleheader EPL friendly, and the pitch was good for that with the natural grass they did bring in and use. It was also indoors that day as it was nearly 36C outside, so that was a welcome and comfortable watch indoors too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.