Manchester City v Chelsea in Ohio - Post Match Thread

I've got the slightest feeling that the lads that beat Chel sea today, will be here for the long ride. Totally different approach than Los Franco's Blancos paying through the nose for fancy egotistical players, PR and refs.

The espn argies were waxing lyrically about Rico & Nico (who could cover for Rodri, when needed), also Wilson-Esbrand on the left back until his injury.

Just need Pep for another lustrum.

Know he wasn't everyone's cup of tea but I miss Raz. Always appreciated him ditching Liverpool and there were a lot more highs and the significant lows. Love to see him and Pep showing love.

Ditto. Think Sterling criminally underappreciated and underrated for what he did for City. We wont see many score more goals for us than he did.

Odd one, as even at his peak for us, he didn't really get the love from us fans as many who did a lot less do/did.

City legend for me.

He didn't have all the time in the world in the last two games, did he?

That might have been true in games gone by, as a midfielder, but we have to give more precedence to the more recent games, where that's not been the case. The positional change suits him, and he's had a great pre-season. If this was an experiment as it looks like, then you'd have to call it a successful one.
I thought he played well throughout this tour. Are we going to see him back there? Probably not. And as you wrote, the position suits him. I thought he had some great passes. Some were not able to be received by midfield players either because of bad touches or they weren't coming to the ball. I like Kalvin. He looks like he's in shape. For Kalvin, this tour was about building back his confidence and getting him in shape. I guess the question is - is that enough to stay with the team or is it enough to bring us enough value to move him on?

Ditto. Think Sterling criminally underappreciated and underrated for what he did for City. We wont see many score more goals for us than he did.

Odd one, as even at his peak for us, he didn't really get the love from us fans as many who did a lot less do/did.

City legend for me.
Even that Villa comeback to win the league game he did not get the same credit as Zinchenko and Gundogan for the comeback despite that brilliant cross for the first goal.

Even that Villa comeback to win the league game he did not get the same credit as Zinchenko and Gundogan for the comeback despite that brilliant cross for the first goal.
probably the best classic beat a full back and put a pinpoint cross he ever did as well! I'm with you mate, true legend.

Sure Pep would put him in top 5 big players In his tenure

betfair has us at 13/10 so evens ish and Arsenal at 7/4 so 2/1 ish.
Great video of Pep and Sterling.Shows how he does what he does as he respects everyone and makes them feel large.

City legend for me.
He got his very own song, not many get that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.