Manchester City v Gillingham 2nd Division Play Off Final 1999 23 Years Today.

It was the 1st leg of a treble for a mate of ours, the other parts of the treble were Aguero QPR game and Villa Last game 8 days ago. His amazing treble was that he left the games before the end and missed the lot ha ha,
I've done plenty of daft things but have never done the same daft thing twice. Or x 3.

Don't know why but you just reminded me of a boxing day game I was at...might have been around 2000......defo away....some bloke behind me starts singing 'scooby doo is a blue'...I burst out laughing and turned round then burst out laughing again because he was fancy dressed up as scooby doo. With my Dad in his flat cap and he says..."what are these guys next to me smoking?" I look over and there's 2 guys lighting up a fat reefer...."oh that's weed" i asked him "do you want to move"...."nah its fine" he said..... Good memories.
those were the days ha,ha,

I've never seen this covered anywhere before (unless I've missed it and it's been done to death), but Dickov's goal takes a deflection, doesn't it?!
A deflection from the tackle on Goater then a deflected goal. I'm sure Dickov will tell you it was all part of the plan though...& why not. In fact the Irish named a player after that type of deflected goal. Rick'O'Shea.

Swales was appointed chairman in 1973. In the seventies we would have retained the European cup winners cup in 1971 if we hadn't been hit by injuries to key players in the semi final against Chelsea. We should have won the title in 1972 and 1977 and league cup in 1974 when we battered Wolves but were thwarted by a rookie Gary Pierce in goal. We had some great sides but the return of Allison to dismantle one and spend millions on inferior players was the beginning of our dark period.
Dead right and the dreadful injury to the King was a factor. Would definitely have won the league in 76-77

I've never seen this covered anywhere before (unless I've missed it and it's been done to death), but Dickov's goal takes a deflection, doesn't it?!

Yeah, a slight clip off the defender. Pretty sure Dickov was trying to go across goal, like a good forward should most of the time. Whatever works though. Made it seem even more like fate.

It was the 1st leg of a treble for a mate of ours, the other parts of the treble were Aguero QPR game and Villa Last game 8 days ago. His amazing treble was that he left the games before the end and missed the lot ha ha,
I’ve always wondered is there was anyone out there with that dubious honour. Imagine!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.