Manchester City V Hamburg SV Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
our tommy said:
Really don't see the problem other than the travelling. It's timed perfectly for the team to get a warm weather break. More minutes for Edin, Sergio and Komps which they desperately need. It's very unlikely that anybody will get injured with a bad tackle it would be a twist or strain which could just as easily happen in training in Manc. Nasri's strain was in training as an example.

I can only see positives to be honest.

All this injury fear business is a load of bolloxs. A good number of our squad are out of form and need game time and this should be the perfect oportunity to sharpen up in warm weather. We also get to give the kids a run out. We have Middelsborogh on Saturday so i would imagine that places are up for grabs for that game and we have the oportunity to ease the likes of Aguero and Dzeko back to form while also getting soem kids on the pitch with the first team.

Doing light traing back in manchester and then playing 90mins against Boro would be more likely to cause injury.

Stoned Rose said:
What a fucking ridiculous idea this game is.

If anyone gets injured it will be a fucking travesty.

Well other top clubs are playing cup matches these days, while we are enjoying the hot weather and a chilled friendly, i don't see the fuss about it.

Bruun said:
Stoned Rose said:

Well other top clubs are playing cup matches these days, while we are enjoying the hot weather and a chilled friendly, i don't see the fuss about it.

I'm 100% sure your level of fuss wont be quite as relaxed if Aguero or Silva pick up a long term injury.

Stoned Rose said:

I'm 100% sure your level of fuss wont be quite as relaxed if Aguero or Silva pick up a long term injury....training, or walking up stairs, or tripping over their laces, or going down to breakfast, etc, etc, etc.

Fixed!

Stoned Rose said:
Bruun said:
Stoned Rose said:

I'm 100% sure your level of fuss wont be quite as relaxed if Aguero or Silva pick up a long term injury.

Could happen any day of the week. Or they could be in a car crash, fall down the stairs or die in their sleep. Life's full of risks and surprises. I'd imagine a nice bit of sun in Abu Dhabi and a friendly isn't going to worry them too much. Injuries happen and Aguero could probably do with a spell of warm weather training to get him back up to full match fitness.

CITY:Caballero, Sagna, Boyata, Mangala, Kolarov, Fernando, Lampard, Milner, Barker, Jovetic, Dzeko

Barker starts !

Hard to be unhappy with that team. No one starting who we would consider a risk, a chance for Barker and some time for Dzeko. Hopefully the young lads on the bench replace some of the more experienced players for the second half

supercity88 said:
Stoned Rose said:
Bruun said:

Could happen any day of the week. Or they could be in a car crash, fall down the stairs or die in their sleep. Life's full of risks and surprises. I'd imagine a nice bit of sun in Abu Dhabi and a friendly isn't going to worry them too much. Injuries happen and Aguero could probably do with a spell of warm weather training to get him back up to full match fitness.

Jeez, they're all goin' down wi' sunstroke!! We'll have to field the youth team on Saturday, or MCWFC!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.