Manchester City V Hamburg SV Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damocles said:
TCIB said:
If we get an injury i will be so annoyed.

Honestly i could not give a hoot who plays and what formation, i just want them back all as fit or fitter than when they go on the pitch.

Same. If a Kompany or Aguero gets an injury over there I'll be fucking livid.

We already have too many games in England and this bullshit needs to stop.

It's hard to imagine how this fixture has come about.

blueste41 said:
Damocles said:
TCIB said:

Honestly i could not give a hoot who plays and what formation, i just want them back all as fit or fitter than when they go on the pitch.

Sponsor money.

blueste41 said:
Damocles said:
TCIB said:

Perhaps our owner had a say in this.

Chelsea have to play both LC semis against Liverpool before we meet them, more chance of them suffering injuries and red cards than we will.

Damocles said:
TCIB said:

Aye, we all get the need for this promotional stuff but we have to balance that out.
It could be argued for the best stand in the football auditorium these "promotional" matches should be pushed further away from the main aims as it were. Lose Kun and go down by 1 goal difference or some other horrid demise.

Shirley said:
blueste41 said:
Damocles said:

Perhaps our owner had a say in this.

Chelsea have to play both LC semis against Liverpool before we meet them, more chance of them suffering injuries and red cards than we will.

Perfectly possible but he has not so far hence do not see why he would now.
He is i think to sharp to push any such demands.
Owning the boat and hiring the men on the bridge men was Mansour's best play. A very astute man.

Actually it's great having this friendly as combined with some trainnigcessions in nice weather. The game will hand Kompany, Aguero and Dzeko more minutes to get matchfit. It's far more important to get these three matchfit. Injuries can easily happen in training as well (Nasri the latest victim). And I'm sure few players will argue having a few days in Abu Dhabi and playing a friendly rather than train in cold wet weather.

For some youngsters it's gonna be another good experience to travel with the 1st team. It would be nice to maybe see a few youngsters get a few minutes. As long as people don't go overboard as one scores or outplays his man. I mean people see Barker having some good games and all of a sudden they want him to replace Navas. Never mind Barker plays from the leftwing, I honestly can not understand such remarks.

eversince 76 said:
Actually it's great having this friendly as combined with some trainnigcessions in nice weather. The game will hand Kompany, Aguero and Dzeko more minutes to get matchfit. It's far more important to get these three matchfit. Injuries can easily happen in training as well (Nasri the latest victim). And I'm sure few players will argue having a few days in Abu Dhabi and playing a friendly rather than train in cold wet weather.

For some youngsters it's gonna be another good experience to travel with the 1st team. It would be nice to maybe see a few youngsters get a few minutes. As long as people don't go overboard as one scores or outplays his man. I mean people see Barker having some good games and all of a sudden they want him to replace Navas. Never mind Barker plays from the leftwing, I honestly can not understand such remarks.

Completely agree with you. We're in bad form and we've got key players returning. Any opportunity for them to gain a bit of form and match fitness is a good thing. Of course there will be concerns over injuries but it's part of the game and I've said it a few times now, if we want the Aguero we've had this season we have to play him into form. He wasn't the same in the World Cup and we know now that it takes him a while to get his form back - game time is the only thing that will help.

We play 11 v 11 practice games in freezing conditions in Manchester .then playing 11 v 11 practice game in sunny climate is no different from an injury point of view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.