Manchester City V Southampton pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draw or lose it, and we are in awful situation.

Early Saturday game, so Chelsea/Pool will know what we played here. If we drop points they will use it as motivation. (Meh Pelle was asked yesterday pre match about Chelsea loss he said "I didnt know it". Bet Rodgers made sure for Pool that Chelsea/City dropped big points.)

If we win, little bit more pressure on our rivals to not make mistakes.

Dealing with pressure is hugely important at this stage if the season.

Dealing with the pressing of Soton and Liverpool in next two games is another hard job tactically. Pellegrini must come up with the right answer for that. We werent dominating the Soton away game ended 1-1, they scored a wonder gaol by Osvaldo but had many good chances in first half and we had to defend a lot and didnt threaten them much in second half.

While City-Pool we won 2-1 but it was horrible the way they got behind our defence many times, they missed good chances but their form improved a lot and they convert chances very well these days. Also we were really lucky with offside decisions that day.

Forget about Chelsea / Liverpool and what they do.

Just take each game as it comes, one by one.

We need to beat Southampton, afterwards we can worry (or not) about what our rivals have done.

Listening to 5Live right now, it's funny how all the scousers phoning in are comparing Rodgers to Shankly and Paisley now
The red dippers truly are getting giddy.

I'll love it when we beat them to the title.

Eaglechief said:
Forget about Chelsea / Liverpool and what they do.

Just take each game as it comes, one by one.

We need to beat Southampton, afterwards we can worry (or not) about what our rivals have done.

Listening to 5Live right now, it's funny how all the scousers phoning in are comparing Rodgers to Shankly and Paisley now
The red dippers truly are getting giddy.

I'll love it when we beat them to the title.
Agreed. I think 85 points will see is win it. I don't care who we lose against as long as we win at least 6 from the next 8.

jrb said:
Ducado said:
jrb said:
Dreading this now.

Early Kick off, so if we don't win, Liverpool and Chelsea know what they have to do.

Won't be easy either. Will be like a La Liga game, with both teams pressing the ball, etc.

Just hope Sergio is back for this.

On the plus side. If we win, that will put pressure on Liverpool and Chelsea. Drawn or lose, and the title is as good as over. It's that important.

Dreading it? FFS

I can't wait

F***ing ell Duncado, are you following me around the threads?

And yes, I am dreading it, if that's OK with you?

Southampton are no mugs. They've got a good Manager and some decent players. It will be a tight and difficult game.

Beat Southampton and then I can relax, sit back, and then watch how Chelsea and Liverpool do/respond.
And then you will start dreading the Liverpool game and so on and so forth ad infinitum.

Has anybody said that this is a must win game and the hardest since out last hardest game and if we don't apply
ourselves and take them too easy then we will lose. If so, then no shit Sherlock.

Len Rum said:
jrb said:
Ducado said:
Dreading it? FFS

I can't wait

F***ing ell Duncado, are you following me around the threads?

And yes, I am dreading it, if that's OK with you?

Southampton are no mugs. They've got a good Manager and some decent players. It will be a tight and difficult game.

Beat Southampton and then I can relax, sit back, and then watch how Chelsea and Liverpool do/respond.
And then you will start dreading the Liverpool game and so on and so forth ad infinitum.

The only thing I'm dreading is another reply. :-)

As for Liverpool away, no!

Liverpool will be under more pressure than us. They will be expected to attack and to take the game to City. I will go to Anfield in a confident mood. Where as the expectation and pressure will be on City to attack and beat Southampton on Saturday. If we beat Southampton, I'll be as happy as anyone on here. Even those of you who aren't worried about the up and coming Southampton match.

No time for settling in in this game. We need to dictate the tempo and be at their throats from kick off. I have a feeling both teams will score so we will need to rely on outscoring them this match. Come on blues!

I think this is a must win game and the hardest since since our last hardest game and if we don't apply
ourselves and take them too easy then we will lose.

I think this has the potential to be a really tough game unless we take our chances and make better use of the ball in the final third. Their defence is pretty awful and if they leave gaps in behind by pressing us then we need to hit them hard.

I'd take 1-0 now no hesitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.