Manchester City V Southampton pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
southampton are a dangerous team if taken lightly

i don't think there is any chance of that, important we respond to going 4 pts behind liverpool

the "we are going to win the league" chant from their fans should focus our minds, nothing like an incentive!

With the return of Aguero we will see the return of the 4-2-2-2 formation.

Ageuro, Dzeko, Negredo and Jovetic will all be part of the matchday squad and I cant see us having 3 of them on the bench leaving us unbalanced.

We have been playing well and retaining the ball well with 1 up top at the minute but I wont be complaining if we revert back to the 4-2-2-2 and back to the pre Christmas way of playing.

No matter what the team is or how we get there, 3 points is all that matters.

Southampton are an inconsistent side. Which team will show up? The team that plays some excellent football, or the one that defends poorly and struggles to get going? I think the Newcastle game was won before it started, they were toothless, playing for nothing and without a manager to kick em into action. They couldn't pass the ball to each other. Southampton took advantage of that. We will need to stick Fernandinho on Lallana, and keep an eye on Rodrigues and Lambert. But if we keep the ball in midfield as we normally do we will create chances. Southampton will try to win the game and often we capitalise on the space that leaves. I am more concerned with Sunderland and West Ham at home because of their defensive systems that we will really have to concentrate to break down. Sunderland will try to sit back, defend and counter. We will need to make sure we don't concede like we did in the league cup final.

tbh I think it will suit us that Southampton will come and play football - main thing, apart from winning, is no booking for Vinny and Zaba

The weeks rest will do us good hopefully, I thought we looked a little tired second half on Saturday, we need to win in any shape or form, this will be a tough test as will all the games now, but need to win.

Each to their own but I don't understand why anyone would prefer to play teams who will sit back against us at the Etihad than teams like Southampton who attack in numbers and on their day do so very well.

They are of a much higher standard than Wigan, who also play an attacking style and came and dominated a few weeks ago for about an hour of the match. All be it was a cup match, Southampton don't have much to play for and won't be under any pressure to come and get a point.

On our day we are the best in the league, but teams who come and attack us - like Southampton will - often expose any lethargy from a couple of individuals and any individual errors we make.

Win this game and I'd be more hopeful of the title than I am now, I see it as a potential banana skin we need to progress through or it could all go horribly wrong.

BringBackSwales said:
tbh I think it will suit us that Southampton will come and play football - main thing, apart from winning, is no booking for Vinny and Zaba
I think if Vinny gets a yellow he is still eligable for Liverppol mate.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
BringBackSwales said:
Yes, he is, don't know where this has come from, It's Zaba we need to worry about.

aguero93:20 said:
BringBackSwales said:
Yes, he is, don't know where this has come from, It's Zaba we need to worry about.

Is there any players in Liverpool that could be suspended if they pick up a yellow card against west ham?

asplund2 said:
aguero93:20 said:

Is there any players in Liverpool that could be suspended if they pick up a yellow card against west ham?
Gerrard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.