Manchester City V Southampton pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Champions2012! said:
kawkav said:
we need to score tonnes as we are losing our GD advantage to liverpool.
Can't believe our GD is only +3 that of Liverpool...

We have 2 extra games to play so it could look something more like +6 or +7. In this season though it will be very important. Knowing they are behind on GD can influence how a team sets up to play in matches. It can force them to take attacking gambles which can backfire.

We've got to back ourselves v Southampton. I've a feeling the manager will start with 5 in midfield, before moving to two strikers in the second half.

This game is massive, no room for complacency against a very good side. Goal difference is really coming in to play now, if we draw at Anfield and Goodison and win the rest, and if Liverpool have won all their other games, goal difference it is.

herrock said:
This game is massive, no room for complacency against a very good side. Goal difference is really coming in to play now, if we draw at Anfield and Goodison and win the rest, and if Liverpool have won all their other games, goal difference it is.
With City having 2 more home games to play you'd like to think we should be able to maintain our gd lead.

Would be ideal to go into the last game knowing a win would give us the title - long way to go yet.

Marvin said:
herrock said:
With City having 2 more home games to play you'd like to think we should be able to maintain our gd lead.

Would be ideal to go into the last game knowing a win would give us the title - long way to go yet.

Even better to go into the last game knowing it's already won! I think there is a lot to happen yet, Liverpool won't win all their games and I don't think we will either.

I wonder how many fans Southampton will bring. The Upper Tier of the away end has been sold to City fans. Maybe one of the blocks in the lower tier will also go on sale to City. Has happened late-on in the selling process before when its become clear that the visitors aren't going to take up their allocation

the majority of this squad , proved their mettle when we had to win the final 6 games of the 2011-12 season , they know what has to be done , to win the premiership , (the bindippers players do not) , Southampton have nothing to play for , they wont get in europe and they cant be relegated , we on the other hand need a win , saints are renowned for tiring in the 2nd half , they cant keep their pressing game going for 90 minutes , two late goals will win it . put Sergio on the bench , give him 20 minutes before the mickey mousers cup final next week.

Foy the ref?

At least the dippers have the Wythenshawe rag, sorry Altrincham supporter.

gmckennasell said:
the majority of this squad , proved their mettle when we had to win the final 6 games of the 2011-12 season , they know what has to be done , to win the premiership , (the bindippers players do not) , Southampton have nothing to play for , they wont get in europe and they cant be relegated , we on the other hand need a win , saints are renowned for tiring in the 2nd half , they cant keep their pressing game going for 90 minutes , two late goals will win it . put Sergio on the bench , give him 20 minutes before the mickey mousers cup final next week.
Saints are a very good team, and should enjoy the challenge of this game. The good thing about it is that I think they will come here and have a go. It should be a good open game, and in an open game we really should beat anyone. We gave Barcelona a game with 10 men, and this should give the players and crowd belief.

I love this part of he season. It's what is has all built up to.

Marvin said:
gmckennasell said:
Saints are a very good team, and should enjoy the challenge of this game. The good thing about it is that I think they will come here and have a go. It should be a good open game, and in an open game we really should beat anyone. We gave Barcelona a game with 10 men, and this should give the players and crowd belief.

I love this part of he season. It's what is has all built up to.

I agree that the Saints will try to go at us. With their shit defence, Silva will easily be able to get right in between their midfield and back 4 and setup Edin or hopefully Kun. The key is to not be wasteful! An early goal and we'll completely dominate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.